The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 6, 2002, 05:00 PM   #1
lhkas

Talon T-200

does anyone have or know of anyone who has or owns this gun i had a very bad experience with this gun and i am trying to get whatever info i can on this company. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old October 6, 2002, 05:29 PM   #2
KIMBERCOMP

talon pistol

According to the new issue of American Handgunner the company
is out of business. The story and picture is on page 145.
Old October 6, 2002, 05:40 PM   #3
Jimmy Mac

I know of two of these guns in .380 that did not last 100 rounds before coming into small pieces.

These things are 100% junk.

A Jennings or Bryco is quality compared to a Talon.

The slide came off one of these on about the 60th round and hit the shooter in the face causinf a nasty cut.

One of these after about 75 rounds locked up. I took it apart and everywhere metal met metal was battered up. The metal was so soft on the barrel of this pistol I could shave the steel with my swiss army knife.
Old October 8, 2002, 12:13 PM   #4
lhkas

i purchased a t-200 9mm about a year ago after about 300 rd's the slide cracked right at the ejection point the slide came back and hit me in my left cheek breaking in cheek bone a 1/2 inch higher and i would have been dead with a slide in my left eye,i called the BATF they told me that the metal in the slide was defective and to contact the company, the company has since gone out of bissness and is no were to be found,if anyone has any info on this company or its owners please e-mail me as soon as possable also if someone could send me a copy of a artical in the NRA mag i would appreciate it .
Old October 8, 2002, 01:38 PM   #5
eyeballz

JUNK

EBZ
Old October 8, 2002, 02:29 PM   #6
SoDFW Jason

Sorry bud

I got burned too. It has this great "lifetime warranty". I guess it meant for the lifetime of the company which was very SHORT. My POS fell apart after 30 rounds. I boxed it up and sent it back to the "company", it came back a few days later with a stamp that said something to the effect of "no forwarding address left". phone was disconnected and website was no longer operational.
Old October 11, 2002, 09:52 PM   #7
BudS

Must be lucky or blessed...

...since, before we knew of the problems, my wife bought one for CCW. So far, it's had approximately 200 rds. through it with no problems. Oh, I found out it only liked brass-cased ammo. Steel & nickel locked after firing. It had one small problem & I got it fixed under warranty: the trigger return spring was bent. Before I knew they were out of business, a gun dealer buddy of mine told me he had two "basket-cases" in the back, one a T-100, the other a T-200, & he didn't want them, nor could fix them since the company was out of business. Since I found that out, I was able to buy them as "parts only" guns, if my wife's ever gave out. Needless to say, it took me less time to fix the problem (out-of-place trigger springs) than it did to reassemble them.

So far, all three work fine; I've polished them re: the KTOG "fluff & buff" methods & they work fine. Cobra Enterprises, Inc. still has a few parts left for them, after buying out the remaining inventory, but in no way is responsible for them warranty or service. BTW, lots of Kel-Tec parts work in them.

I plan on NOT shooting any "hot" loads in any of them. If I want to shoot hot stuff, I'll shoot my S & W M.19 or my Makarov .380....