The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 22, 2005, 02:38 PM   #26
racaruso.forum

Max Payne
Old February 22, 2005, 07:22 PM   #27
AZta2guy

TBT.. yes I agree that the hold(sideways) is a natural point. Though to do so is not natural to me. I have also fired holding pistol upsidedown and all manner of unusual ways. So long as I had a firm hold on the pistol. I had too. Was trying to be sure that I could and would be able to shoot my pistol in any given way should I need to. Not something I practice a lot though. I guess because growing up my father shot a bit of comp in the 60's and taught me the only correct way to shoot is the traditional ways. Other then that all other oddities should only be practiced and not very much. I try to do so only because one never knows how one must fire in an emergancy. Ever try from laying on strongside( like in bed) then getting a round or two off!!! Talk about odd!!!!! Racruso... actually it is San Fran bay area.

Aim straight and have fun
Old February 24, 2005, 04:58 PM   #28
marv800

The real reason and history the "gangsta grip" was originally developed was because the crackheads who used the weapons often confused the mag release with the trigger. By holding the gun sideways, they would save themselves the embarassment of dropping the clip out of the gun. Its sort of a "darwin thing" in the hood. Only those that learned the gangsta grip survived to pass their genes on.
Old February 24, 2005, 05:14 PM   #29
patentnonsense

I've tried it with two revolvers - it only makes sense if you practice pointshooting (not the same skills as aimed fire, see other threads).
If you do practice pointshooting with both hands, you can pour a pretty good amount of kinetic energy into a reasonable aim zone (say 10 shots into a 4" circle at 7 yards).
Old February 25, 2005, 03:11 PM   #30
cls12vg30

The only times I've shot two pistols at once, was with a Kel-tec .32 in the right hand and a Beretta .25 in the left, total point shooting and not much recoil to worry about, it was a nice way to put 17 mousegun rounds into a torso target at 10 feet in three seconds or so.

I have also fired my Makarov sideways and at various angles, not to be "gangsta-like" but as experiments trying to get the darn thing to malfunction somehow. Never did succeed.........

"Have fun storming the castle!" -Miracle Max
Old February 25, 2005, 03:36 PM   #31
Para Bellum

The real reason and history the "gangsta grip" was originally developed was because t

Quote:
The real reason and history the "gangsta grip" was originally developed was because the crackheads who used the weapons often confused the mag release with the trigger. By holding the gun sideways, they would save themselves the embarassment of dropping the clip out of the gun. Its sort of a "darwin thing" in the hood. Only those that learned the gangsta grip survived to pass their genes on.
I have read this five minutes ago and I'm still trying not to wet my pants laughing

ok, I am regaining control of my motions: Shooting two guns at once is just FUBAR. Like throwing two punches at once. Do one thing right in your life. And then anonter one

Stay safe