The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old July 24, 2008, 01:31 PM   #51
p99guy

I've done the actions on 23 rifles and pistols so far this past couple of week, and each has shown marked improvement in just a few minutes of working it in...even the 2 Mosin Nagant rifles I tried it on. AR15s love the stuff, as does M1 Garands, Weatherby MK V(s) with all those bolt contact surfaces.....it sped up the cyclic rate on a M11/9 submachinegun I tried it on...never felt the action on the thing feel so smooth before(had been using Mpro7 on it..still do as corrosion protection)

This stuff works guys, It has earned a permanate place at my house.
Im going to give some to the armorer where I work at .gov to try on the MP5/MP5-SDs and SIG P229s that they carry.
Old July 25, 2008, 11:49 PM   #52
NanoLube

An officer in Enid OK put NanoLube on their MP5's and all the shot guns, and they all worked as the Triple Canopy armorer reported, faster, cleaner and just like my Cobray 9mm with trigger attachment - REAL fast. The damn thing has uncontrollable rise as the shells continually eject, but "what a RUSH." That must be why some guys fire them sideways - horizontal left to right spray, otherwise its 30 hot shells bouncing off your face, instead of hitting your feet - if you know what I mean.

At ShotShow 2008 I treated one switchblade at a Marine sniper booth, and it opened so fast after a Two Drop treatment, that eight Marines literally slammed their knives on the counter and said "do mine too." NanoLube works!

I also treated a galled, brand new, out of the receiver, 50Cal bolt with 2 drops, and in 10 cycles in my hands, to the amazement of the owner - all drag from the gall was gone, it was smooth as silk - and he said - "what in the hell do have in there."

My new 7 state, SE distributor and I are now making plans to be at ShotShow 2009, for more magical, live presentations.
Old July 26, 2008, 10:01 AM   #53
bigjack59

I just bought some of this stuff on EBay, I am assuming it is the right stuff. NanoLube has been answering some pretty heavy flak on here so he is either the most dedicated scammer or on to something. I have a old Model 1917, a Makarov and a MAS 49/56 lined up for some heavy duty full on sceptical quasi scientific psuedo reggae cryocyrpto research.

Question to NanoLube: What is the best way to remove old lubricants from the weapons before applying the new fangled lube?
Old July 26, 2008, 12:45 PM   #54
Yithian

I still want to hear of WA's results, but the stuff does work.
It works creepy.
Be careful guys. The trigger on my AK now scares me.
Thankfully its an adjustable trigger, but a 2Lb single stage trigger was just too scary for a 'working' semiauto rifle.
I am worried that after it cycles in a bit more, the 3.5Lb two stage I have readjusted it to, will get light on me again.

The action cycles so fast now that the AK is having issues ejecting rounds.
It catches the brass with the bolt face on return, and tries to take them back into battery with the new cartridge.
I will keep using it for now "as-is".
Once I feel Nanolube has worked in completely, I will drill holes in the gas tube to relieve some pressure on the action.
Old July 26, 2008, 12:48 PM   #55
MisterWilson

I haven't gotten a chance to go to my benchrest range to try my hand yet but...

Yithian, are you saying that it's working so well that your rifle is now malfunctioning? And that you're going to go WESCOG on your rifle to make it work??
Old July 26, 2008, 02:37 PM   #56
MeekAndMild

How do you tell the difference between nanodiamond and nanographite?

Just curious.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old July 27, 2008, 08:00 AM   #57
5thShock

Yithian You're going to alter your rifle to fit this product?
Old July 27, 2008, 02:24 PM   #58
Yithian

No, I'm not gonna modify my rifle to fit this product.
That's an odd question.

All I'm saying is, Nanolube is on the rifle.
It doesn't come off for a good while, without regrinding new surfaces.
The action is too fast for the new timing provided by the product.
A gas tube replacement on an AK is about 10 bucks.
If I have to vent the gas tube, to slow the action back down, I will.
Heck, I may buy a new one with the vents already machined in.
...Or drill and tap the gas block to install a valve for regulation.

The current 'fix' is to fire it with plenty of shoulder stiffened behind the rifle.
Doing this reduces the recoil movement and helps the brass kick out.
A muzzle brake, which is already the next Mod for my Saiga308, may alieve the problem without any gas adjustments.

My whole point is, be careful using this product.
It works too well sometimes.
Old July 27, 2008, 02:52 PM   #59
Wildalaska

OK I got some. I have some on my Benchmade, degreased the sucker and put a drop on the joint. No differece between the NL and regular teflon oil, so this one is a time test toto see when the grittyness starts.

WildmoretofollowAlaska TM
Old July 28, 2008, 08:57 AM   #60
jsmaye

Quote:
Before you can wipe off NanoLube for dry fire operation - you have to fully allow it to treat the metal, which requires at least 300-400 cycles. Even at 400 cycles, there will be 90% of the nanodiamond left suspended in the oil.
So you people who are seeing results, is this after you've cycled the parts 300-400 times? I'm not trying to debunk the product or your results, but that's a lot of work before anything should happen.

I would love to try it on my Mosin Nagants and CZ-52 - I'm just having a hard time imagining working the bolts or slides that many times...
Old July 28, 2008, 11:18 AM   #61
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

My slick as baby snot Mossberg 500 has been cycled around 100-200 times... It was improving after much less but I just would pick it up and cycle it a few dozen times each day or every other day. It is now reloaded and back on duty so it won't be getting any more workouts.
Brent
Old July 28, 2008, 11:38 AM   #62
HappyGunner

I would worry that a firearm that worked so smoothly would just start shooting all by itself in my safe if left loaded.
Old July 28, 2008, 12:07 PM   #63
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Since my arm injury last year I have been recovering... At first I was unable to put the same grip into holding my gun. I rested it on the porch railing for the first few shots and the action would open with heavy loads like slugs. Now I may have that situation again from the standing position. I will try to hold lots of forward pressure on the forestock. Who would'a thunk a Mossberg could be so SMOOOOTH?
Brent
Old July 28, 2008, 01:57 PM   #64
p99guy

WildAlaska...you need to work it in, when you first put it on there is no difference between it and the 5 weight oil carrier by its self....till those particles start releasing out of the oil and finding a home on the metal surface. You WILL feel the exact moment that starts to happen. I've used it now on 27 firearms and 11 pocketknifes and it DOES work.

Jsmaye..it only takes a little time while setting there watching TV, I've used it on 2 Mosins so far, and yeah its worth fartin with....a smooth Mosin is a much nicer Mosin.
Old July 28, 2008, 01:58 PM   #65
cracked butt

I gave in and ordered a bottle of the +P version of ebay. If it works even close to as advertised, it will be worth the cost for slikening up a few triggers.

Quote:
My whole point is, be careful using this product.
It works too well sometimes.

I was thinking the same thing with concerns to autoloading pistols. I'm not going to try this on the slides because fo the fear that it could cause much increased frame/slide stop battering with reduced friction, though I suppose a new set of recoil springs could over come the problem if it were.
Old July 28, 2008, 02:03 PM   #66
p99guy

cracked its on every one of mine..FN FNP9, Beretta M92F, Beretta M9,H&K P7,
Beretta factory .22 Practice set for Beretta 92, Suppressed Ruger 22/45, Beretta Tomcat....Problems? NADA
Old July 28, 2008, 04:35 PM   #67
cracked butt

I might try it on my stainless Ruger MKII first- a gritty feeling pistol if there ever was one.
Old July 28, 2008, 05:16 PM   #68
HappyGunner

Did I not see Billy Mills pitching this NanNo Lub. on TV?
Old July 28, 2008, 05:51 PM   #69
cracked butt

No, I think that was beddingcompound that could be used for fixing the handle on your favorite coffee cup (we must be in a bad recession if people think that fixing coffee cups is a good idea).
Old July 28, 2008, 07:36 PM   #70
MeekAndMild

Quote:
How do you tell the difference between nanodiamond and nanographite?
And how do you tell the difference between the effect of cycling a part 400 times with nanodiamond on it versus cycling the same part 400 times with a dab of tripoli or rouge?
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old July 29, 2008, 06:07 PM   #71
fate

Ideas...

Chris...

I sent you an email. If you could read the one waiting @ your inbox entitled "Sample Request and Product Application Ideas"....thanks so much for your time, man.

-fate
Old July 29, 2008, 11:57 PM   #72
Scorch

OK, folks, here's my input on this Nanolube stuff.

I treated several guns with the Nanolube after cleaning them to remove the SuperLube (synthetic grease with PTFE particles) I normally use to lube pivot points and slides.

Colt Combat Commander: After cycling the slide about 150 times, it felt OK, but no better. First impression: meh! Actually felt better with the Superlube. Mind you, this gun's action has been honed and is already silky smooth.

Next, my stainless Ruger 77/22 rifles.
First the 22 Mag All Weather: right off the bat, oooooooh, smoother. About 100 cycles later it felt really good. Then the 22LR Target Grey: cycled it about 150 times, can't say it feels all that much different (the Target Grey has a coating on top of the stainless, and it was smooth from the factory).

RRA NM A4 got several drops of it, on the charging handle, inside the buffer spring tube, and on the bolt carrier and bolt key. I have not noticed any difference yet, but I will be shooting it this Friday.

I must admit, I am still hesitant to put this stuff on my Pythons.

Impressions: It seems at first that the Nanolube works well on softer metals where it can easily impregnate the surface, and not as well on the harder metals (at least not right away). After I shoot the guns this week I will update this report.
Old July 30, 2008, 12:26 AM   #73
tplumeri

Nano's and militech?

well i just bought the small tube for $7.50, have to see for myself.
all of my semi's have been heat treated with Militech. Will those nano thingys
have anything to attach to?
Old July 30, 2008, 04:16 AM   #74
NanoLube

Rouge is a polish while tripoly is an abrasive [pre-polish NanoLube TM particles are so small in comparison - there is not even polishing going on - just surfaces sliding past each other.

As for NanoLube TM vs Teflon finishes - the effect of both is similar, except NanoLube treated surfaces will not wear out like Teflon, because it is synthetic diamond.

Meekandmild
Quote: And how do you tell the difference between the effect of cycling a part 400 times with nanodiamond on it versus cycling the same part 400 times with a dab of tripoli or rouge?
Old July 30, 2008, 11:47 AM   #75
Tempest45

What this guy is selling is snake oil. His nano-diamonds are quite a bit smaller than oil molecules and there is no easy way to verify that they are even in the product.

I took his argument apart here: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...22#post2957922
Closed Thread