The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 17, 2009, 09:04 PM   #1
fortkevin2

-10 for Kimmy

Watch out for this person!!!

I agreed to ship my NIB Mossberg 500 slug barrel in return for her shipping 600 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo. I shipped it 2 day USPS and got the Delivery Confirmation.

Barrel sent Friday the 11th and arrived Monday the 14th at her residence. Have heard NOTHING from Kimmy since sat when she assured me she sent the ammo out.

Have sent several PM's and she's been on at least a dozen times since then. Still nothing. Have her address and will be contacting the local police and USPS for fraud.

Please everyone, don't be dumb like me and screw yourselves over like this!!
Old September 17, 2009, 09:44 PM   #2
fortkevin2

My problem with it is that she's been on at least a dozen times. She received my barrel on Monday, even if it takes a week or more to get here, I haven't heard a thing from her. I've been on when she's reading her PM's several times(so her info page says) and I haven't heard a darn thing back. I've request info on how she shipped it, tracking number, or ANYTHING and have heard nothing.

We will see what happens.... Worst thing that will come out of this is I lose some money but learn from it too.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; September 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old September 18, 2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I'll take a look into the matter, Kevin. Be sure to refrain from deleting any items such as PMs or emails for the time being regarding the matter in case there's a rebuttal.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old September 19, 2009, 09:04 PM   #4
fortkevin2

Kimmy is now trying to discredit me and say she never received the package once I threatened to call the police. The only kind of proof I can get is her saying she mailed it "flat rate box". She can't give me a number to call her, any answer's to my questions or ANY kind of proof (ex: receipt or the like).

I have scanned my receipt in so everyone knows that I didn't rip her off but the other way around...

You can also go to USPS and look at the tracking info....

Go to www.usps.com
Click on track in confirm (in top right red)
Type 0308 2040 0002 1518 6859

Please everyone, if it doesn't seem right, they don't have a HIGH post count and great feedback in the forums... DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Last edited by fortkevin2; September 19, 2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old September 20, 2009, 10:30 AM   #5
fortkevin2

I've been ripped off before so I didn't want to send the barrel until I received payment(ammo). After talking to her through PM's I was dumb enough to send the barrel and her "send" the ammo the same day and we both provide info that day on how we shipped it. I sent her the info about how I shipped it etc but didn't hear anything from her until sat. The only info I could get from her was she sent it "flat rate box". Nothing about what carrier, ANY tracking info or a copy or a receipt or anything.

The reason I know I'm the one getting ripped off here is because I can't get any answers to my questions. She said she was going to the post office to see where the ammo and barrel is. Lets think here everybody.... You CAN'T SHIP AMMO THROUGH USPS. That's one of the many reasons I know she didn't ship it and has my barrel.

I've been open with her, I've given her my phone number countless times so she could call and we could figure out where it is, she just won't answer my questions.

I've shipped about 30 things via USPS that I've sold through amazon. I have NEVER had a problem with people receiving them or have I had a problem receiving packages other people actually sent. I'm not in a well populated area, my grandparents live on one side of the road across from me and we know all the neighbors so I'm sure if she "sent it", it wasn't stolen.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; September 20, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old September 20, 2009, 01:39 PM   #6
fortkevin2

VinnyT-PM sent.

I honestly think she didn't send it. I can't get any info out of her and that makes me come to that conclusion. I think her saying she didn't receive the barrel is her way of getting out of the problem. Like I said, I've sent other shotgun barrels, magazines, books and everything else you can think of through USPS and she is the FIRST to say that she didn't get it. makes you wonder huh? :barf:

Either way we will see. I guess there isn't much I can do besides learn from this.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; September 20, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old September 20, 2009, 01:41 PM   #7
Shane Tuttle
Staff

If you HAVE NOT had similar problems with the accused YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS POSTING HERE. THE NEXT ONE THAT VIOLATES THIS RULE WILL BE DEALT WITH IN SHORT ORDER.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old September 21, 2009, 11:38 AM   #8
fortkevin2

Update

I called the local police department in Portageville, MO and an officer is heading to her residence to speak with her.

Both number's I received from a member's help on here have been disconnected.

I will be filing fraud charges against her asap if I can't get any proof she sent the ammo. If there is anything anyone can do to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. You can PM if you'd like. Thanks!
Old September 21, 2009, 12:06 PM   #9
fortkevin2

Update again...- Kimmy apparently is a guy. He used his wife's info(name and address).

A police officer went over and talked to them and basically said that they either need to send my barrel back, or send me $150 value of the barrel. The wife had no idea what was going on and the husband(kimmy?) said he sent it but had no proof at all.

The officer said that give them until Wednesday to contact me and if they haven't at that point to call him back and we can file charges etc.

Not happy with the outcome so far but at least we are getting somewhere!!
Old September 21, 2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Mal H
Staff

I hope you do get your barrel, the ammo, or the money.

But, I've also gotta say ...
Quote:
The wife had no idea what was going on ...
is worth some of the trouble you've been through.
Old September 21, 2009, 09:02 PM   #11
fortkevin2

Yes sir, I thought it was kind of ironic when the officer said that!
Old September 23, 2009, 10:24 AM   #12
fortkevin2

Guess what everyone?? I'm getting my barrel back after dealing with the local police in MO!!! It's supposed to be here today so we will see what condition it's in. I will update you guys later!!

USPS tracking info

UPDATE-JUST received the barrel at 12:45PM today. I'm sure you guys have read this thread already but long story short. Called the local PD in MO and got an officer to run out to see what the deal was. Kimmy said he/she didn't have it and both the Officer and I new that was BS.

The barrel was shipped out Monday 9/21 and received today 9/23. I'm out $12 for shipping but all in all it worked out.
Thanks EVERYONE including mods and members for your help. You guys are great people!!

Last edited by fortkevin2; September 23, 2009 at 11:54 AM.