The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 16, 2009, 06:34 PM   #1
Micropterus

Hansen Cartridge Company

I have several boxes of Hansen .45 ACP 230 gr FMJ rounds that my dad gave me. The stuff is made in Yugoslavia. The quality seems very high and accuracy out of my Glocks is excellent. But I can't find Hansen anywhere. I heard that the factory was bombed by NATO back in the '90s but that it went back on-line shortly thereafter. Is this ammo now produced under a different name?
Old October 16, 2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

IIRC Hansen was the primary importer for Privi Partizan ammunition.

I believe that Hansen was only an importer, I don't believe that they actually manufactured ammunition, but that may have changed when Yugoslavian ammunition became unobtainable.

The latest reference I've been able to find for them is a magazine article from 1995.

The last time I saw any of their ammunition for sale was also around that time, maybe a bit later.

I think things really went down hill when Yugoslavia began to disintegrate during the early to mid 1990s. Prvi Partizan's factory was in what is now Serbia, and I believe NATO did strike those areas pretty hard to stop the Kosovo War, but that was late in the 1990s.

By that time most products made in those areas were completely disrupted. For quite a few years I couldn't get Navip or Slijovonika (sp?) Slivovits because of the problems.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old October 16, 2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Neruda

According to their website: "Prvi Partizan produces wide range of sporting ammunition intended for use in pistol and revolvers in many different calibers." See http://www.prvipartizan.com/
Jay Hansen of the Hansen Cartridge Co is currently co-owner of an antique arms business, don't know however if he still imports ammunition. See: http://hansenguns.com/ You could always send him an e-mail

Last edited by Neruda; October 16, 2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old October 16, 2009, 09:37 PM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

Very interesting...

The only Hansen ammo I have is pretty old and has IMI headstamps. I guess they have imported from a variety of makers.
Old October 17, 2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Micropterus

Thank you very much for the information.