The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 2, 2024, 02:37 PM   #1
rmh3481

Small Pistol Primer Report - Servicios Aventuras

Small Pistol Primer Report.
Servicios Aventuras from Argentina.
Purchased from Norma USA for $49.95/1000 at the beginning of this week.
Paid Hazmat Shipping of $19.95
Paid Pa. Sales Tax of 6%.

Hi Folks,
Wanted to share a Primer Report.

Ive got several hundred once fired small pistol primer 45acp brass cases that I wanted to get some more use out of. I wasnt sure how the site felt about links to outside reloading component sales, so I put their name up top, but no links.

Picked out 100 of the once fired brass cases, which were evenly counted between Speer and Blazer. Used an older Lyman Turret Press with RCBS Carbide dies. These SP primers seated without issue, and were brass in color meaning no chrome. After reading about problems with this brand I wanted to make sure I had these primers correctly seated to depth, so I did them on the press. Every primer fired and I had alot of fun. Powder loads were varied. Like I said, I just wanted to let you folks know that these primers fired 100% on the first try. The pistol I used was an older Colt 1911.

If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Best wishes,
Bob
Old February 2, 2024, 03:54 PM   #2
Recycled bullet

Hey Bob it's good to hear that you're having good results. I just want to let you know that I'm having good results too! I am loading 38 Special, 357 magnum, 9 mm and 300 Blackout with these Services aventura's small pistol primers.
Old February 3, 2024, 01:45 PM   #3
jetinteriorguy

I just ordered 5000 and it had free shipping, can’t beat that. I picked up 5000 Ginex SPP’s last summer for $425.00 so this is a steal. I’ve only shot up a couple hundred of the Ginex and they work fine but the only seating tool I have that doesn’t leave a dent in them is my Lee safety prime hand tool. The ones that were dented from my Dillon press and Lee turret press all fired fine but I don’t like dented primers. The reason they get dented is because they fit the primer pockets so tight it takes a lot of pressure to seat them, and since the rams on the priming systems I use may be a little under diameter it leaves a ding that doesn’t show with normal fitting primers.
Old February 3, 2024, 08:05 PM   #4
rmh3481

Hi Guys,
Im glad you are having good luck too. The only thing I forgot to mention was the color of the packaging. The primers come in the white sleeves. Keep loading fella's!
Old February 5, 2024, 08:22 PM   #5
markr6754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled bullet View Post
Hey Bob it's good to hear that you're having good results. I just want to let you know that I'm having good results too! I am loading 38 Special, 357 magnum, 9 mm and 300 Blackout with these Services aventura's small pistol primers.
Hey Recycled, do you mind telling me what platform you're shooting these in 300 Blackout. I've heard that these are harder than US primers, though I haven't had any issues. I gave a mere passing thought to trying them in my 300 Blackout AR pistols...a mere passing thought.
Are you shooting in bolt or gas gun?
Old February 5, 2024, 08:24 PM   #6
Recycled bullet

I am shooting a 225 g r a i n Spire Point powder coated cast lead bullet over 10 grains of h110 set to an overall length of 2.2 in and shooting them from a Ruger American bolt-action rifle with Magpul 300 Blackout AR-15 magazines.
Old February 5, 2024, 09:42 PM   #7
L. Boscoe

I got some for 38 spl wadcutters, work fine, not a single misfire.
Old February 6, 2024, 11:53 AM   #8
markr6754

I picked up three bricks Jan 2023 at $65.57/bk delivered. I hate paying for shipping when there's a free ship option. They've worked fine for me in multiple pistols, so I had to jump on the new pricing. Their free shipping is still at $150, so three bricks wouldn't cut it...so I ordered 4. This brings the delivered cost to $53.74/bk. Not too shabby...no, not at all.
Old February 8, 2024, 01:24 PM   #9
Recycled bullet

Ordered on Sunday at midnight and I just received the package now. This is the fastest I have ever received primers in the mail.
Old February 9, 2024, 12:13 PM   #10
Gav-n-Tn

Is anyone else having the same trouble as @jetinteriorguy with tight fitness in the pockets?
Old February 9, 2024, 03:33 PM   #11
jetinteriorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav-n-Tn View Post
Is anyone else having the same trouble as @jetinteriorguy with tight fitness in the pockets?
This was with some Ginex primers I picked up locally last summer, not these primers. I received my primers within a couple days, great service. Speaking of the Ginex primers, I just loaded up a hundred 9mm’s a few days ago and had no problems seating the primers with the regular primer system on my 550. I did use exclusively either RP, Fed, or Blazer brass because their primer pockets appear to have a slightly chamfered look. To be sure I checked them all with my Lyman small pocket crimp removal reamer so the few that needed a bit of chamfer got some. They all loaded up properly with no dents in the primers unlike the last time I tried some.
Old February 9, 2024, 06:02 PM   #12
Gav-n-Tn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
This was with some Ginex primers I picked up locally last summer, not these primers. I received my primers within a couple days, great service. Speaking of the Ginex primers, I just loaded up a hundred 9mm’s a few days ago and had no problems seating the primers with the regular primer system on my 550. I did use exclusively either RP, Fed, or Blazer brass because their primer pockets appear to have a slightly chamfered look. To be sure I checked them all with my Lyman small pocket crimp removal reamer so the few that needed a bit of chamfer got some. They all loaded up properly with no dents in the primers unlike the last time I tried some.
Good to know. I’m trying to get all the feedback I can prior to jumping in.
Old May 8, 2024, 01:23 PM   #13
edfardos

Any pierced primers or pits on your breach faces? Going off is great, but if they crack, they can wreck your breach face.

curiously,
-edfardos
Old May 8, 2024, 10:25 PM   #14
fotog54

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfardos View Post
Any pierced primers or pits on your breach faces? Going off is great, but if they crack, they can wreck your breach face.

curiously,
-edfardos

I’ve used them in 45 acp and 38 special without any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old May 14, 2024, 04:17 PM   #15
JKP

I've shot 1K in 9mm. All shot fine and seated easier than Fiocchi. Afterwards I stocked up, price is better than CCI & Winchester.