The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 27, 2002, 05:43 AM   #1
tezet

Bianchi Cup 2002

Hello,
short question:
who is the winner of the 2002 Bianchi Cup ???

Best wishes from Hamburg/Germany :-))

tezet
Old June 2, 2002, 11:18 PM   #2
spd522

I would guess Doug Koenig from all the "Koenig #1" I saw written about in Columbia, MO. this weekend (Home of the Cup). I didn't ask though and didn't hear it for sure.
Old June 3, 2002, 10:18 AM   #3
bullseyekp

Yes, Koenig won the match this year. I too saw the chalkboard writing but looked at the scoresheets also.

I have a friend who knows where the overall scores are posted and I will get the link posted here when I find out.

Strange thing about Bianchi, there were only about 175 shooters this year. I'm not a Bianchi shooter but it looks like it may be going the way of PPC or bullseye.
"The great German poet, Goethe, who also lived through a crisis of freedom, said to his generation: 'What you have inherited from your fathers, earn over again for yourselves or it will not be yours'. We inherited freedom. We seem unaware that freedom has to be remade and re-earned in each generation of man."

--Adlai Stevenson, "Politics and Morality", Saturday Review, February 7, 1959.
Old June 5, 2002, 08:13 AM   #4
bullseyekp

As promised.......

http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/p...1045/id138.htm
Old June 14, 2002, 01:39 AM   #5
Cheapo

It will linger on for another decade or so, maybe even becoming a moribund relic that never dies.

I predicted the end of the Bianchi Cup and NRA Action Pistol in general when the competitors voted to keep the course of fire the same henceforth and forever.

Woulda been better to rotate half the course of fire every 10 years. Enough stability to truly compare performances among the various champions, but add some variety so we don't get BOREDBOREDBORED shooting the Flying W every year forever.

First thing I would have changed at the course of fire "change cycle" would have been to make 25% of the stages Comstock scored, and 25% score is time. Keep fully half as par time accuracy tests--that remains the strength of Bianchi, aptly called by someone Bullseye shooting with shorter time limits.

Oh yeah. I'd also move the scoring rings up so they're concentric with the top curve. Don't want to accidentally train ourselves to make gut shots, even with a rather gamey shooting sport.