The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old June 18, 2002, 09:59 PM   #1
40ozflatfoot

Looks Like a Job For the Militia

Wasn't sure if this belongs in the general category or here, so I defaulted to here.

The article is too long to reproduce here, but here's the link:

http://www.newswithviews.com/news_wo...ws_worthy6.htm

Seems to me, a top priority order of business is to get rid of the local prosecutors.
Old June 18, 2002, 10:10 PM   #2
Destructo6

Exactly a job for the militia. That and many others.

Call them up for a meeting, ask for volunteers, make a watch bill. Get enough people and each one might have watch once a month, with good sized group.

Keep all of them clean.
Old June 18, 2002, 10:54 PM   #3
Libertarian

I have contacted them. I may be disowned but what the hell?
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." JFK

My other favorite forum is The Armed Citizen

My PGP key is 0x780B7C0A
Old June 18, 2002, 11:57 PM   #4
40ozflatfoot

Quote:
Call them up for a meeting, ask for volunteers, make a watch bill.
There it is. The big barrier will be the governors of the border states. IIRC, they have to call up their peoplem before anything is official. Once that's done, the only thing slowing down the posting of patrols is planning, logistics, and recruiting. What with the Mexican army using the Border Patrol for target practice, you won't want to put people out their with no ammo, or people that will turn tail at the first hint of trouble.

Quote:
I have contacted them. I may be disowned but what the hell?
Good Show! If I knew that they would let me lend a helping hand, I'd cancel my plans for Idaho, and head for Texas.

Don't worry about being disowned. The TFL-ers will never do that to one of their own.

Besides, it ain't all that bad. I got disowned when I volunteered for VN. I got over it.
Old June 19, 2002, 02:22 AM   #5
Azrael256

I guess this means we'll have to beat them down again. Anybody want to wager who'll win the race this time? The Marines have faster ships, but the Army has trucks this time... I still say the Marines will get there first, but we'll find out.

I find it very hard to believe that local law enforcement would be pressing charges against ranchers defending themselves and their property... then again, the PRK is a border state, so I guess that explains it.

I think the militia could be VERY useful here. A group of ranchers and assorted locals with rifles could make it clear that illegals are not welcome, and it would be absolutely hillarious if it turned out that they were laying down fire on a few mexican soldiers on our side of the Rio Grande. I would actually pay to be there to see that.

Also, check out that Ranch Rescue site linked from that article. Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
For volunteers that will participate only in repair crew work, firearms are not required, but neither are they prohibited. Any member that wishes to bring their privately-owned firearm is welcome to do so. Ranch Rescue recognizes and fully supports the Second Ammendment to the Constitution as guaranteeing firearms ownership and possession as being a personal, individual, God-given right of all Citizens.
Old June 19, 2002, 10:50 AM   #6
AmericanFreeBird

Oops, wrong button.

sorry