The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old July 10, 2002, 05:50 PM   #1
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

grip woes pt. 2

Ok so I get my new buffalo horn gunfighter grips from Eagle via Midway, and not only does the screw end stick out through the other side when it's tightened down... but also, the left hand grip panel doesn't sit flush! Arrrg!

The grips on the gun are amazing as far as pointability and looks, and as far as I read the info from midway AND eagle the Ruger grips shouldn't have to be hand fit. What gives?

So I'm calling Eagle tomorrow. I HOPE this can have a happy ending or I'm going to be out MORE than the $70 I've already spent.
Old July 11, 2002, 09:55 AM   #2
JoeHatley

I ordered a pair of rosewood gunfighter grips from Eagle a couple of years ago. They look and feel great, but the fit was quite poor. Lots of grip frame showing on both the front and back.

I didn't bother to try sending them back. It took 6 weeks to get them in the 1st place...

Joe
Old July 11, 2002, 02:12 PM   #3
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

Midway and Eagle were both cool about the whole thing. Kudos to them both I should have a new set of grips within a week.