The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 15, 2002, 10:53 AM   #1
Boats

"The Robar Experience" is up and running!

After a vote at 1911forum.com I decided to detail strip my Springfield Armory Loaded Champion and digitally photograph each part after the pistol had been refinished by Robar Industries in Roguard and NP3.

For the full story see: THE ROBAR EXPERIENCE.

A hearty thank you to Rick Stevens, aka "Bandit" at 1911forum.com, for devoting his time and server space to make this project possible.
Old December 15, 2002, 04:25 PM   #2
blades67

Looks good. The hammer wear is normal. In the caption it was speculated that the hammer had NP3 applied first, but that is not the case. The Rogard finish won't adhere to NP3.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old December 15, 2002, 05:35 PM   #3
Slabside

Nice photos and information. Appreciate the effort and time involved. I've been recommending Robar for years. Robbie and the folks at Robar have always been very professional, polite, and pleasure to deal with. Turn around time has always been excellent and the quality is always consistent in my experience.

Robar's Link www.robarguns.com

Best,
Slabside
Heros may be found in the most unlikely of places
Old December 16, 2002, 10:17 AM   #4
Bandit

Eric did all the hard work, I merely assembled the information into html format and grouped the pics into logical order. He did an OUTSTANDING job documenting this project and I look forward to the future updates. I'm tickled pink he let me post the info on my website. Ya done good Boats!!!

Rick