The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 30, 2000, 11:45 PM   #1
ChrisMkIV

The Colony patrol officer got the call about 1:15am from the 911 callcenter, a woman had been attacked while sleeping, Three officers then arrived behind the patrolwoman first on the scene, they entered the home, guns drawn and ready for anything.
=======================================
The attacker had broken a section of glass out of the kitchen door, reached inside and turned the deadbolt, and turned the doorknob from the inside, clicking the locking knob open.

He then went thru my wifes purse, wallet,and drawers in the kitchen and living room, after that he went into the master bedroom and attacked my sleeping love, she woke up to this approx. 200lbs man punching her in the face and choking her.

He told her to lie still, that he would not take long, and he would not hit her anymore,if she did what she was told, she was pinned under the attackers full weight and facing upward towards the ceiling. When she resited he ripped her nightgown open and bit one of her breasts and started hiting her in the ribs many times, somewhere in the blows she was taking, she reached under my pillow and pulled out the Colt MKIV Series 80 I have owned for over 5 years now, she pointed and fired, then the attacker was gone.

The 230gr hydra-shok hollow point travled across the room and struck the inner right side door jamb of the master bathroom,and then traveled a parrell course along the wall
only to slightly veer into the same wall and come to rest.

There was blood everywhere, on the pillow were my wife's head was on, soaked thru the pillow case, and into the pillow, blood was on the sheets, and on the floor, the police are going to compare all the blood together to see if the attacker left any, I still know nothing of it from the police, and have not found out if there are any unexplaned gunshot wounds in any of the area hospitals from the police.

So, am I happy we had the chance to take a shot at some scum that make the mistake of breaking into our house, after she has suffered a broken nose, black eyes, black and blue marks all over her neck and a huge bite mark on one of her breasts?

no. I am not and my wife is not either, I always looked at the right to defend yourself as something that MUST be protected, but never thought I would ever have to use it, because after all, it always happens to the other guy, right?

Now I am going to ask the age old question, what would have happened to my wife and 3 sleeping babies if she did not have that gun?

------------------
"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, becuse the whole body of the people are armed"
Noah Webster

[This message has been edited by ChrisMkIV (edited May 01, 2000).]
Old April 30, 2000, 11:56 PM   #2
SA Scott

Chris:

I'm damn glad she did, and that everyone who matters is still with us.

SA Scott
Old April 30, 2000, 11:58 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Glad to hear your wife survived. If some of that blood belongs to the SOB, I hope he didn't make to the hospital and died in some ditch somewhere. It would be befitting for scum like that.

Do watch after your wife as she especially needs your support right now.
Old May 1, 2000, 12:00 AM   #4
DOCSpanky

Raped, possibly even murdered along with your 3 precious gifts. What ever happened to the days of posse's? Sounds like we need one now!

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!
Old May 1, 2000, 12:10 AM   #5
ChrisMkIV

I forgot to thank SWORD for loaning me one of
his shotguns while the Police have my Colt

------------------
"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, becuse the whole body of the people are armed"
Noah Webster
Old May 1, 2000, 12:26 AM   #6
westex

Chris - Would you please keep us informed how long your Colt is tied up in the red tape world before it's back home? I've always been curious about the time lag in this type of incident.

A rousing three cheers for the wife.

RKBA!
Old May 1, 2000, 12:50 AM   #7
Bruce in West Oz

I am so relieved this worked out the way it did ... even though you and your wife have my deepest sympathy for what you've been through and will still have yet to go through.

Your wife is one incredible lady.

I'll follow this thread with interest.

Bruce

(Incidentally, here both you and your wife would have been charged by the police and have to go to court to "prove" your justification.

The BG would be able to take you to court on civil charges arising from his wounding.)
Old May 1, 2000, 01:04 AM   #8
ChrisMkIV

WESTEX-They told me they need to take the gun for "fingerprinting" and could not promise a return date.

BRUCE IN WEST OZ-Thank god I live in Texas.

All you guys have been really nice, I have printed off a copy of this SO FAR and will show my wife, she is staying with my mother for a couple of days.

------------------
Noah Webster
Old May 1, 2000, 01:11 AM   #9
Meat-Hook

Chris:

holy-Moses, what a post!

Two thumbs up for your very brave wife who endured the most extreme of circumstances.

I think we all, deep-down, wish that this maggot had not done what he did, nor chose your house,

nor your wife,

to do it in. But since it came to pass (against your will), I think we are all inwardly happy that (for once),

Good triumphed over evil.

"Those who live by the Sword,...perish by it".

Well, this Filth.......used his "sword" (or tried too), and yes,.....he most certainly perished by it.

230 grains of "Love" came flyin' thru the air and X-ed him out of the Big Picture.

He cant attack, hurt, kill, or rape anymore. Do I feel sorry for this parasite??

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, no!!!

Do I want to buy your wife a new box of Hydra-shoks?

Yup!

Stand by her all the way. Back her up and give her all our best wishes.

MH.
Old May 1, 2000, 01:15 AM   #10
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Remind me to check my Sweetheart's Springfield when I get home.

shiver...
Old May 1, 2000, 01:17 AM   #11
C.R.Sam

Chris, I am sad to hear about this but so very glad it worked out so well. Your wife did a great job, many well trained folks don't do as well when it comes to crunch time.

Legal consul, consuling for you and your wife, and lots of work with the kids.

Anticipate civil action.

Sam
Old May 1, 2000, 05:25 AM   #12
Ed Brunner

I am so happy to hear that all the good people are OK. I agree that your wife needs your support on this. She was faced with some tough options and she chose to protect herself and her family. She has one supporter here!
I find it interesting that the police have disarmed her now that she has a proven need for being armed. If she admits that she fired the one round that was recovered, why would the PD need the gun. Isn't this another gun grab?

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Old May 1, 2000, 05:32 AM   #13
Jim V

Chris, I am glad that your wife survived the attack on her with as little harm as she received, even though any hurt was/is too much. My prayers go for her full recovery of the physical and emotional injuries.

As to the police taking your 1911, that is SOP for ANY shooting. They take all firearms used in shootings for testing. They should even take PO's pistols.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"
Old May 1, 2000, 05:51 AM   #14
Bud Helms

Cool lady. You and she hang in there, Chris.
Old May 1, 2000, 06:03 AM   #15
fubsy

Chris, it might help to seek counseling att, to help overcome the effects that havetranspired so far, expect mood swings and second guessing, find out who the police use as counselors as they have experience with shooting situations.......The part your going through now is the part that many plan for and realize the consequences of......fubsy.
Old May 1, 2000, 06:44 AM   #16
Glamdring

One brave lady!

Hope they find the SOB deceased!
Old May 1, 2000, 07:22 AM   #17
HS

Chris your Wife is One gutsy Lady !
I sincerely hope she can get over this & return to a normal life.
I don't want to put a damper on things but watch out for maybe a revenge attack...
Upgrade the locks on doors, windows etc & make it harder for a similar occurance.

Here's to a speedy recovery !
All the best to you & your family.

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail [email protected]
ICQ # 68806935

[This message has been edited by HS (edited May 01, 2000).]
Old May 1, 2000, 07:26 AM   #18
Longshot

Chris,

I'm very happy to hear that no lives were lost (except possibly the scumbag's).

My prayers are with your wife for a speedy recovery.`

------------------
NRA/GOA/SAF/USMC

"Is your church BATF approved?"

Oregon residents please support the Oregon Firearms Federation, our only "No compromise" gun lobby.

www.oregonfirearms.org
Old May 1, 2000, 07:39 AM   #19
Donny

Chris,
All here at the Davis' pray to you and your family. We fear for you, and at the same time are overjoyed that this brush with the reaper was just that.

The only real thing I can say is I'm .

Wish this could have happened to one of our dear anti-gunners, so they could get the message about what what we're about.

Best Regards,
Don

------------------
The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall.
Adolf Hitler

[This message has been edited by Donny (edited May 01, 2000).]
Old May 1, 2000, 07:56 AM   #20
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Wow. Tell your wife we'd like to hear how she's doing every once in awhile.
And tell her we said she did exactly the right thing.

Old May 1, 2000, 08:22 AM   #21
Dennis Olson

No Donny. One shoudln't "wish" an attack onto anyone. Personally, I'd have liked for an anti-gunner to WITNESS the incident.
Old May 1, 2000, 08:45 AM   #22
Miss Demeanors

Chris I am so glad that your wife is okay (besides the bruises and emotional trauma) and she found the gun before the prick could go any further. I'll keep you guys in my prayers, take care.

OOOO I've got goosebumps this kind of stuff scares the hell out me
Old May 1, 2000, 08:50 AM   #23
John/az2

Chris,

I could not sleep last night after reading what happened to you and your wife. I was awake pondering how I could help encourage my wife to understand more fully the importance of having available a weapon of self defense, and having already made the decision to use it. She has not yet made that decision...

I'm so glad that you all are alive and well!

My prayer for your wife is that this will have no long-lasting negative effect.

Sincerely,

------------------
John/az
"When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!
www.cphv.com
Old May 1, 2000, 08:56 AM   #24
Correia

Glad your family is ok, hope the scumbag shows up dead.

Kind of proves the point on how useless trigger locks are.

Take care.

Larry Correia
Old May 1, 2000, 09:39 AM   #25
Jeff Thomas

Chris, I'm glad to hear your wife survived this violence, and we wish her a speedy recovery.

It never evolved into as serious situation as yours, but years ago I had reason to upgrade our own security. Many of these steps are quite inexpensive - (1) replace your deadbolts with 1" throw, double-keyed deadbolts (so the BG can break a window, but still can't unlock the door), (2) make sure you've got good, wide-angle peep holes at all solid doors, (3) install a security system, at least for perimeter security (all doors and windows). If your work requires you to come home after the family is asleep, the installer could set a short delay on the perimeter alarm so you can get in and reset the alarm after your wife has hit the sack. Better without the delay, but certainly better than no alarm. Having a security system is very helpful, IMHO.

Best wishes to you and your family. Take care.

Regards from AZ
Closed Thread