The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 4, 2000, 01:37 AM   #1
ChrisMkIV

Hey guys, I first wanted to tell you how much
your support means to my wife and me, and I never expected to get such an outpouring of support for both of us.

I printed off and read every post to my wife and mother, and about half way thru the stack
of printed posts my wife was all

The results of the fingerprinting and blood anyalisis was presented to me by Lt. George Wintle of The Colony criminal investigations div, The Colony P.D.

They think the attacker was casing the house, and that he was from around the area or spent alot of time in the area.

Lt. Wintle had one of his detectives hand deliver my Colt to the house, the detective was using the identical model for his duty weapon, and commented on how he liked the trigger work I had done to it.(had hell to get the dust from out of the nooks and crannys)

They also returned credit cards he had touched, they found my prints and my wives prints and some smudges, they think he was wearing gloves, that means the crime was premeditated.

They did not return the bloody sheets, all they told us is that they had to hold on to them, earlyer thay told me if they found anything they could use to find out the identity of the attacker, they would have to keep, does that mean they found blood on the sheets that was not my wife's, becuse if so that would lead me to beleive he was hit and bleeding.

Because up til now, I only thought she winged him at best, and another post from www.artbell.com said that even a total miss of the bullet would still have ruptured an eardrum or blinded him in an eye due to muzzle flash and the concution of the blast at the muzzle of the gun.

"So" said the detective at my house "we have
no way to id him in a line up, we have no phyical evedence, and no useable prints, and no unexplaned gunshot wounds at area E.R.'s"

Well, with that said, the Brinks home security systems tech was there by 11:30am that day! we bought(with the help of my younger brother) the top of the line security system.

Motion detectors, window sensors(a tap on the glass will set it off), door sensors, police panic button, keypad in bedroom and in hall next to front door, and in addition, I took that door off it's hinges
and turned it into part of the wall, like I wanted to do long ago.

I want to thank again Sword and Bulldog, mt wife thought your shotgun was a little heavy
Sword, but she said she was happy to have it until she got HER gun back, and everyone else who will help to get me MY gun back!!!

------------------
"The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, becuse the whole body of the people are armed"
Noah Webster

[This message has been edited by ChrisMkIV (edited May 04, 2000).]
Old May 4, 2000, 02:06 AM   #2
jensenfarm

Seeing as I missed this in the first go-round, I'd like to add mi dos centavos-

First, let me offer a huge "ATTAGIRL" to your spouse...not many men or women would have been able to react as well while under such vicious physical attack.

Second, let's hope this POS who perpetrated this crime lies dying somewhere in a pool of his own filth!

Occurences such as yours serve as examples to the rest of us how vulneable we are when at rest, and (hopefully) encourage each and every one of us to rethink our security systems and devote more time for practice with our firearms.

Here's wishing a speedy physical and emotional recovery for you all,
Jensenfarm

Old May 4, 2000, 03:44 AM   #3
HS

Hey that's really good news that the Police decided to give your gun back straight away!

Now for some range practice & trying some quick double taps.

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail [email protected]
ICQ # 68806935
Old May 4, 2000, 06:02 AM   #4
JHS

Very glad your wife is doing better.
I wouldn't think that the VBG will come back, he now knows that your better half is not to be messed with but it is better to be safe.
I must not be a good person but I hope someone finds the VBG with a hole in his gut and not moving.
Stay safe.
Old May 4, 2000, 07:39 AM   #5
Bruce in West Oz

I've been really heartened by tyhe reports on how well your wife's doing. Brave lady. Give her a hug from me -- I know how I would feel if my Di was in that position ...

Just had a thought ... maybe the coppers could round up "all the usual suspects", take 'em into a quiet room one at a time and ask 'em a question in a low voice. The one who cups his ear with his hand and goes "Eh??" is their man!!

(Sorry, probably inappropriate, but I thought some levity might help a little ...)

All the best

B
Old May 4, 2000, 07:50 AM   #6
Donny

Chris,
That is good news. I hope your wife has dealt with the assault successfully, that had to be a hell of an experience.
Also pleased that you've gotten your hardware back. It's like having a member of the family being away for awhile.

I do hope they apprehend the BG, in either capacity, preferably dead.
And if that's the case, I hope your wife doesn't succumb to the thought that she'd have caused his death. She didn't, he did when he willingly, and knowling entered your home, and began assaulting her. Sorry for the rant..

Best Regards,
Don

------------------
The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall.
Adolf Hitler
Old May 4, 2000, 08:06 AM   #7
scud

Chris:

Pass my regards to your wife also. I thank God she was armed and didn't end up being a real victim. Also glad to see you get your gun back. The new security system should work pretty well too, I hope your wife dosen't let this get to her too much, I'm sure she can handle it though, sounds like a pretty tough lady.
Old May 4, 2000, 08:21 AM   #8
SlackO

We're all pulling for you, I can only pray that my wife never has to be in that situation (semi-anti). I'm VERY glad that the two of you are relatively unharmed and hope you can continue your lives without this bothering you too much. She's a shining example of people who refuse to just lay down and be a victim.
Old May 4, 2000, 10:44 AM   #9
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

I was AMAZEd by the reaction of people of the so-called "feminist" Ms. Magazine forum...not a few of them thought that shooting some poor fellow for merely trying to rape you is barbaric and excessive.

I am happily adding $10 for the next .45 and hope she gets the BG stuffed and mounted on a wall if there's ever a next time (hope not!).

------------------
Oleg "peacemonger" Volk

http://dd-b.net/RKBA

(Showed this post to a friend last night and he got a little concerned...I forgot that his initials are B.G. and he uses them to sign everything. Oops!)

[This message has been edited by Oleg Volk (edited May 05, 2000).]
Old May 4, 2000, 10:47 AM   #10
John/az2

Oleg,

I'm sure that their reaction is simply an expression of their own sexual frustration.

ooops...did I say that?

------------------
John/az
"When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!
www.cphv.com
Old May 4, 2000, 11:09 AM   #11
Bam Bam

What do you LEOs think? Would it be productive for Mark to check the businesses in a certain radius to the house to see if anyone missed work for a day or two in the time since the attack? The attacker has to be shook up. Also, how can he know Mark is not at home? There has to be a way to narrow the logical possiblities.
Old May 4, 2000, 12:32 PM   #12
SA Scott

Again, glad everybody's on the mend and moving forward. I'm also pleased at the consideration you're getting from the PD.

As for the BG, it is my sincere wish that he's bled out and rotting in a ditch.

SA Scott
Old May 4, 2000, 01:21 PM   #13
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

------------------
Oleg "peacemonger" Volk

http://dd-b.net/RKBA
Old May 4, 2000, 09:19 PM   #14
ChrisMkIV

BRUCE-You had me laughing out loud at your post! so funny!

BAM BAM-The Detective said he thinks my house was picked out way ahead of time, thats why he knew I was not home.

I don't know if there is going to be any futher news, LT. Wintle will not say anything about the possibility of a hit, but say he can't give us back the bloody sheets, but why? if it is only her blood?
Old May 4, 2000, 09:26 PM   #15
JHS

ChrisMKIV, maybe you shouldn't want that sheet back. I wouldn't let my wife see it if it happened to her.
Just something to think about,you know.
Stay safe.
Old May 5, 2000, 06:09 AM   #16
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

Still wish all the best for you both. Congrats on the new Brinks system.
Old May 5, 2000, 07:18 AM   #17
CMOS

What would it be worth to have 5 minutes alone with this guy?

CMOS
Old May 5, 2000, 07:59 AM   #18
buzz_knox

I'd give a year's salary for that. I've had several friends who were hurt this way, and none of them had a weapon to defend themselves with. None of the attackers ever served a second in jail. I'd love the opportunity to meet them in a nice, dark alley with complete immunity. Actually, I ended up having to go to dinner with two (yes, that type of situation and yes, I was yearning for a weapon the whole damned time!)
Old May 5, 2000, 08:23 AM   #19
4V50 Gary
Staff

If your wife can get a CCW, have her get one. She should carry a firearm and a knife at all times until the one eyed - one ear man is incarcerated or dead.
Old May 5, 2000, 08:45 AM   #20
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buzz_knox:
Actually, I ended up having to go to dinner with two (yes, that type of situation and yes, I was yearning for a weapon the whole damned time!)[/quote]

What, dinner forks not good enough for ya?
Old May 5, 2000, 09:06 AM   #21
USP45

I just wanted to say that i'm glad that a 'good gal' won again!

Also, I am happy to the point that i'm jealous that you have gotten your pistol back. I was wondering how long it would take, if ever, to get it back.

~USP
Old May 5, 2000, 09:13 AM   #22
buzz_knox

Oleg

Dinner forks would have been good enough. I really wanted to just tear their throats' out with my teeth. However, I had been specifically ordered/begged not to mention that I knew anything. I think killing an adult member of the family would indicate I at least suspected something, right?

Anyone remember the good old days when sexual assault was a capital offense?
Old May 5, 2000, 06:11 PM   #23
tackdriver

Chris,
Let my heap my support on the pile. I'm sorry this happened and that it ended when it did.
I'm surprised that they gave yr gun back as soon as they did. There must not have been anything useful on it. However, those sheets are evidence if they ever catch this bastard. As I'm sure you know, blood tests are awefully complicated (look at the OJ goof-up) and I'm pretty sure that it's easier to compare against samples than it is to distinguish between what they've got now.
I wish you luck and speedy recovery to your family.
Old May 5, 2000, 10:05 PM   #24
bestdefense357

Chris,

I've been out of town all week and away from my computer so this is the first I've heard of this. First, let me congratulate your wife for surviving. Many women don't live to tell about such assaults. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Secondly, most people who are violently assaulted (particularly women) suffer some form of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. It usually doesn't manifest itself until weeks, months, or even years later. Interviews I've done with victims of violent assault have convinced me that counseling will be needed. If your wife would like to speak with someone who has been through a similar attack, let me know. You can email me at [email protected] if interested.

Again, my best wishes go out to you and your wife. Continued good luck to you.

Robert

P.S. In one case I read about, a woman shot an intruder in her home and police couldn't locate the guy. They had no clues until eight months later when they found a body in a ditch a few miles from the woman's home. They tested the .22-caliber bullet in his chest and matched it to the woman's gun. Police concluded that an accomplice dumped the wounded man in the ditch where he lay until he was found. Maybe your wife's attacker will be so lucky.
Old May 5, 2000, 10:36 PM   #25
Gopher a 45

I had to cool down for a few days before responding in a collected manner, just suffice to say that I am glad that your wife came through with minimal injury and that you got your 1911 back. I was seeing red at the thought that if the vicitm-disarmament laws go any further, we may see this type of situation turn out not so happily. I too am stunned by the incomprehensible mindset displayed on the Ms. boards. It's fine with me if they want to lay and take it, though I don't understand it, but the idea that they want to force someone like my girlfriend to take it also really, really, REALLY ticks me off. Did I mention it irritated me?

[This message has been edited by Gopher a 45 (edited May 05, 2000).]