The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 24, 2002, 12:41 AM   #26
mdlowry

Quote:
Well after reading this thread I ordered 8 ml of Molyfusion. Took a month to arrive due to the proprietor getting the flu and other problems that he had. But I got it yesterday.
I also have placed an order. I was almost to the point of canceling the order since my status on the web site was "will ship in 2-3 days" for 3 weeks now. Hope to see this soon.
Old March 24, 2002, 12:40 PM   #27
Eric Larsen

I ordered the 8ml size and it arrived quite quickly. I followed the directions, even called to clarify some aspects of it. I used it on my 3953 and my CZ Compact. The barrel shroud, feedramp, slide/frame rails and inside of the slide/barrel contact area. It made the polished surfaces...glass smooth and the slightly rougher area's alot smoother. 500 rounds thru the 3953..the surface still feels the same with no reduction in the smoothness.
I did a few of my knife blades also...less of a difference though.
I will buy some more. It seems to work as advertised....I havent
done the inside of the barrel on any gun yet, but plan to in the near future....I plan to do all of my mag feed lips on the inside contact area's...It cant hurt. Try it...IMO, its a good product.
Shoot well

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old March 29, 2002, 02:11 AM   #28
mdlowry

I got half my order today. I plan on doing one of my revolver barrels, and it will be 6-7.5". Has anyone tried this yet and if so, did you use a patch or another method?
Old March 29, 2002, 03:58 PM   #29
Marmy7451

Moly lube

I have been using Sentry Solutions Smmoth Kote for 7 years and I put no oil on a carry gun as it attracts dirt and dust and becomes abrasive.

Smooth Kote is moly in an alcohol vehicle that evaporates and leaves a dry film. I have put several thousand rounds through a P220 and a J frame lubes this way with good results.

Mac's Shootin Irons will also apply a moly coating called Tuff Gun that is great stuff too. This in conjunction with Smooth Kote provides about as rugged a setup as available for rough service (like carry in a very humid area).
Old March 30, 2002, 06:54 PM   #30
Blackhawk

mdlowry,

Quote:
Has anyone tried this yet and if so, did you use a patch or another method?
I presume that you read the whole thread. I used the white foam stuff that came with the MolyFusion to actually apply it.
Old December 27, 2002, 10:13 PM   #31
Shooter Solutions

Hey, I'm sorry this great forum is closing about 1/01/03, not to mention Shooters seems to be ending too.
Since the last positive reviews on Moly-Fusion here:
1. There are more current reviews posted by administrators and members at rimfirecentral.com, including handgun use, like this post is about.
2. There is now a new oil-based Moly-Fusion which is reviewed even easier to use than the original because it is stronger.
Noted thread references for cut 'n paste at rimfirecentral.com are the following:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com
1. The opening Moly fusion? post: rimfirecentral.com Ruger 10/22 > 10/22 Stocks & Barrels > Moly fusion?
2. Rifles and handguns posted results at
rimfirecentral.com-community forums - WFMBS Test Moly-Fusion by XF2
3. Backing up the new being better than the old:Rimfirecentral.com Forums > Ruger 10/22 > 10/22 Stocks & Barrels > Poor Groups...please help!

For direct access to the home of Moly-Fusion at ShooterSolutions.com:
http://www.shootersolutions.com/molyfusion1.html

I have noted the referenced posts refer to Moly-Fusion for Rifle and Handgun usage.
The last post on the page for treating barrels for sale:l Rimfirecentral.com Forums > Ruger 10/22 > 10/22 Stocks & Barrels > Green Mtn & ammo
www.shootersolutions.com

Last edited by Shooter Solutions; December 30, 2002 at 08:56 AM.