The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 10, 2002, 09:28 AM   #1
gburner

range time

I left home early for work the other day and stopped by the range on the way for my regular bruising. I took my Yugo 24/47 with me and 70 rounds of ammo. I shot my usual center of mass grouping on human shape target. After 20 rounds my shoulder said 'no mas' and I rested, taking in the sights.

The great thing about this visit was the guy shooting next to me. He was shooting a Garand converted to .308 and let me shoot a clip full. He also had his KIDS there, son and daughter, appx 7-9 years old. He was teaching them well and both appeared to enjoy shooting the .22's that they had. It was just great to see a dad teach his kids in the ways of weapons. Kida gave me a warm fuzzy.
Old September 11, 2002, 05:48 PM   #2
swatman

I get that same feeling.. I love taking the little ones out for soem range time. It usually makes for good family time..That's one reson I am not sure I would ever even consider marrying a woman who is anti gun.

www.humanityonhold.com/intifada.html
Old September 11, 2002, 06:51 PM   #3
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Once in a while I'll get a table at a gunshow, selling some of the waifs and strays that somehow accumulate.

More than once I've cut the price waaaaayyyyy down when it's a family looking for a shotgun or rifle for a teenager. And I really like the looks on their faces at getting a really good deal. $20 or $40 profit just ain't in it at times like that.

Besides, sooner or later some arrogant, know-it-all twit's gonna come along, and I'll stick it to him.

Art