The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 14, 2002, 07:07 AM   #1
Sisco

ABC News Poll supports 2nd amendment

I'm surprised they put this on their website.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...oll020514.html

Of course according to their poll, even those who support the 2nd amendment want stricter laws
:barf:
Old May 14, 2002, 07:44 AM   #2
nascarnhlnra

I too am suprised they put it on their site. However they contradict themselves by leading you to believe that more people support stricter gun laws when in fact if you look at the poll results on that topic it has dropped off actually compared to previous numbers given........go figure !
Old May 14, 2002, 08:42 AM   #3
Bartholomew Roberts

Hmmm, I suppose it is a minor thing but it irritates me that they state that the Constitution grants the right. The Constitution acknowledges a pre-existing right. That's an important but subtle point in taking back all of our rights.
Old May 14, 2002, 08:49 AM   #4
MuzzleBlast

Location: Arkansas. Much better place since Bill and Hillary went home.
Bart's right on this, but I think that is something that is becoming more common knowledge. Up 'till just recently, say, 2000, not many people outside the gunnut community actually read the 2nd Amendment and gave any thought to what it meant. People are starting to do that now, and beginning to come around to our point of view.

What suprises me about this poll in particular is that no matter how hard they tried to distort the poll, and you know they tried their damndest, it still came out overwhelmingly in our favor.

Molwn labe!