The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

View Poll Results: Will you consider buying Taurus instead of other makes?
Yes 92 55.09%
No 75 44.91%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 7, 2007, 08:20 PM   #176
JunyTuck

Yes, I own alot of fine firearms. I prefer to not label them as weapons. Merkel, Caesar Guerini, Dakota, Kimber, and Cooper is what I buy. Quality drives my gun buying decisions. Until you experience real quality, you will never understand why Taurus fails to measure up! Call me a gun snob if you please, but I just can't accept your premise that Taurus makes a quality product.
Interesting that all of your rebuttal comes from the Taurus website. DUH!
Sounds like you have had an experience with the Mayo clinic. How's it working for you?
Your friend,
JunyTuck
Old August 7, 2007, 09:14 PM   #177
Magdaddy

Jr 47

Went to the Bargain Barn again today, have'nt been there since it burned. Some nice guns, but limited selection of quality guns and ridiculously priced. I told the guy at the counter what I was looking for and when he handed it to me the price was 234.00 dollars more than what I seen it for in Cumming. When I told him this he said " you better buy it there". Then I went to Rich Mt. to look around and check out the indoor range, very disappointing. The pawn shop is the only place that showed promise. By the way Jasper is 25 minutes from Dawsonville. Let me know when you would like to try out one my overpriced guns and we'll go to Riverbend gun club, you'll like it.
Old August 7, 2007, 09:25 PM   #178
Jart

It's been a long time since I've said something that could be construed as inflammatory, so let's try now.

1. I don't own a Taurus.

2. I fail to see how Merkel, Caesar Guerini, Dakota, Kimber, and Cooper have anything whatsover to do with buying quality handguns.

3. The one exception in the above listing (in re: handguns) is Kimber, and my experiences with that particular firm leave me wondering if anybody, Taurus included, could do any worse.

4. I don't like the looks of that growth near the Korth hammer worth a wet slap, but I'd offer the conjecture that someone owning one has forgotten more than a Dakota customer will ever know about handguns. I mean, I'd like this to stay inflammatory, but, unh, Dakota doesn't make handguns.

YMMV, of course.

It's not much, but it's my sorry attempt at an inflammatory post. With both sites L&P forums near shutting down, it's the best I could do.

History will record that on this night, 08/07/07, I agreed with JR47. A year ago, I would've sworn such would never happen. Congrats to Juny for making me eat crow.
Old August 7, 2007, 10:47 PM   #179
JohnKSa
Staff

That's the end of this one.

And you can bet that the next Taurus thread on TFL will be more polite.

It doesn't matter how strongly you feel about a topic, resorting to insults and personal attacks is not acceptable.

From a purely practical standpoint, it's worth considering that breaking the TFL rules in an attempt to get your point across is not a productive long term strategy.