The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 12, 2002, 05:40 AM   #51
mike killian

slide

Alamo,
What is the turn around time for Jack to refinish you slide?
I'm just wondering how long I should plan on being without .

NRA LIFER
MCRGO
CPL HOLDER

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset
Old July 12, 2002, 08:43 AM   #52
alamo

It was about 2.5 weeks. It varies depending on how busy he is with other things, I would say 2-4 weeks. Worth the wait though.
Old July 12, 2002, 08:49 AM   #53
mike killian

slide

Alamo,
I assume you only sent him your slide...not the barrel. right?

NRA LIFER
MCRGO
CPL HOLDER

Old July 12, 2002, 12:17 PM   #54
alamo

I sent the barrel too and assembly pin and recoil spring catch (P-32 only). Jack polished the barrel up and the feed ramp but did not nickel plate it. Another reason I like Jack's nickel over the chrome is that you've got an experienced gunsmith looking at these parts over as he plates them. He has to remove the firing pin to plate them and he cleans the firing pin channel out before plating. The P-32 I sent him had light strikes occasionally with S&B ammo (hard primers) before I sent it to him and I didn't have anymore after I got it back from him, at least with the 50 rounds of S&B I've put through it since then.

Blackhawk, KT barrels are chrome too so that should be sent to KT along with the assembly pin & recoil spring catch. Valerie told me the bore is chromed too.
KT pays return shipping so it's a good idea to order any spare parts or accessories when you do this.
Old July 12, 2002, 12:28 PM   #55
mike killian

slides

Alamo,
All that for $25??

NRA LIFER
MCRGO
CPL HOLDER

Old July 12, 2002, 12:30 PM   #56
alamo

Not a bad deal, huh??!!
Old July 12, 2002, 12:36 PM   #57
mike killian

slides

Alamo,
Thats a great deal!! I think I will wait till the weather starts to change and I can carry my HK USPc45 with warmer clothes. Then I'll pack my new p32 and send it off.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

NRA LIFER
MCRGO
CPL HOLDER

Old July 12, 2002, 12:39 PM   #58
yzguy

I own a p-32 and p-11... (no NAA to compare to though)
Yes KT seems to have more issues out of the box than they should, but 2 things need to be brought up

1) you can't judge the percentage (number does not matter you want a percent of total guns that had problems) of p-32's out of the box that had problems by the KTOG board. I love the board and use it to learn about the KT's. Yes you may see a lot of problems on this board, but think how many people with no problems would go looking for a board to post on? then think how many had a problem then went to look for an answer and found the board... So I would not use this board as a true representation of the percentage of people with problems (most looked for the board because they had one), but there are a few people there that can help.

2) if you do not want to do the F&B (fluff and buff) or tinker with it at all, then send it to Jack Fuselier. He will do it all and nickel plate the slide and 1 mag tube for $60. That way you don't have to do a thing but get a blued one and ship it to him.

also see my new owner info for more kt info here Anyone with a 32 acp semi auto should read the rim lock page on my site!!!

Also I have to add that customer service is excellent with KT, and have only heard of one complaint with it EVER!! And I question that one (wonder what he said to them, if he went off on them or something).
Old July 12, 2002, 12:44 PM   #59
alamo

I just e-mailed Jack to clarify the barrel, maybe he polished up my P-11 barrel as an "extra". I didn't send him my P-32 barrel, it was the first one I had done.

http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com/slideoffer.html
Old July 12, 2002, 12:54 PM   #60
yzguy

I have to add...

I remember hearing someone who had both reffer to the NAA as
"the safe queen pocket brick"

I thought that was funny...
Old July 12, 2002, 03:42 PM   #61
alamo

Jack said he often polishes barrels if they are rough looking to improve the overall appearance with the nickel slide. He said he doesn't like to nickel barrels as they get scuffed up when fired.
Old July 12, 2002, 05:19 PM   #62
jtduncan

P-32.

Why pay for a Utah made pocket brick?
Old July 12, 2002, 05:42 PM   #63
Blackhawk

Quote:
Why pay for a Utah made pocket brick?
'Cause you'll never get out the door with it if you don't...!
Old July 12, 2002, 06:17 PM   #64
GeorgeH

I have a thing about guns that come in designer colors. The thought of a gun designer worrying about whether or not a gun clashes with someone's purse or shoes bug me. At least the NAA Guardian is content to be what it is.
Old July 12, 2002, 07:12 PM   #65
enfwago

I would go with the Kel-Tec. When I get some extra money, I am going to buy my wife one. I have a P-11 and have had really no problems with it, beside the FTE CCI Blazers. IMO, You really can't beat it for the price.
Old July 12, 2002, 11:06 PM   #66
jack pringle

bugged my gun dealer for a P32 the first day i heard of it. finally he calls me. two came in. i took them both.

mine is ser. no. 037XX. woman's pistol is in her purse so no ser. no. should we have a poll: "who has the oldest P32 ?

the purpose of this post: picked up four boxes of Winchester .32, all he had. both pistols did a little malfunction. slide would not completely close. could not be pressed shut. short story: took out the bbl and dropped rounds in the chamber. rounds that did not function did not seat. about one half rim width too long. all rounds that did seat worked as advertised. mystery solved.

went to another shop, got some PMC. zero failures. both guns, around 400 rounds later - zero failures. all ball ammo for reasons that should go in another thread.

conclusion: clean, lube, and check everything before blaming this llittle dandy. am still mystified about the Win. ammo.

lesson learned: now ALL pistol ammo that i carry to defend gets the chamber drop test. revolvers resolve themselves.

hos
Old July 13, 2002, 07:33 AM   #67
yzguy

I have a thing about guns that come in designer colors. The thought of a gun designer worrying about whether or not a gun clashes with someone's purse or shoes bug me. At least the NAA Guardian is content to be what it is.

All they realy did was get a few different colors of plastic... not like they put any real effort into it. And it also helps get some females to carry, when we all know an uglier gun just won't do....
Old July 13, 2002, 03:52 PM   #68
22lovr

Hey Jack: Mine's OLDER

Neener-neener!! I got mine about 2 1/2 years ago and it has been 100% reliable and other than polishing the feedramp, it is box-stock. Wonder how many minor modifications have been made to the design over the years? I've carried mine so much that I feel NEKKED leaving the house without it.
Best wishes..............
Old August 10, 2002, 11:18 PM   #69
nthe10ring

P-32 utterly reliable

I have a P-32 with over a 1000 rounds through it, and no problems at all, with the exception of a firing pin I replaced at 800 rounds, I have dry fired this gun, tooo many times to count. Keltec sent me a new one, no questions asked. If you want to see some gun problems, go to the board at North American Arms, and you will see a myrid of problems with the Guardian. This gun usually has to go back to the maker many times to be 100% reliable. Both the P-32 and the Guardian are good guns in their own right, but both sometimes need a little tweaking. I prefer the realiability, minimal weight and lower trigger pull of the Keltec. There is no perfect gun, if there were, we would all have the same one. But there is no need to lambast a perfectly good, and wonderfully engineered little pistol like the P-32. Dont knock it if you havent tried it.

Jerry
Old August 11, 2002, 01:49 AM   #70
Blackhawk

Quote:
Dont knock it if you havent tried it.
That would be a novel rule around here, but I couldn't follow it.

If there's a design (feature or shortcoming) I don't like, I'll knock that without trying a particular gun. For example, I don't like blowback actions. I had a PPK, but no other blowbacks. If a gun I haven't tried is a blowback design, I'll really have to be enthusiastic about its other features before I'll try it.
Old September 30, 2006, 10:34 PM   #71
senior
Member In Memoriam

kel-tec vs guardian

never used kel-tecs customer service as i got rid of the kel-tec almost as soon as i got it and TRIED to get more than 2-3 rds at a time outta it before IT WOULD FAIL TO LOAD, replaced it with a used .32 guardian and wanted to add finger extensions, for what ever reason the mag loaded but failed to be ejected after replacing the mag disconnect, sent to NAA, not only did they fix the release problem, but installed new trigger, new hammer, pollished it up, (ss older model AAXXX) but thern added two free new mags to the setup, all that extra for NO charge and shipped back, now that is customer service i like!! That guardian now is perfect, shoots like a dream and finger extentions add a much better grip!
Old September 30, 2006, 11:37 PM   #72
pocketgun

Glad you like your NAA. Too bad you didn't try anything to get your P-32 working. Why would you reply to a 4 year old thread?