The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 19, 2007, 05:01 PM   #1
the_josh

.357 Magnum Revolver question

Well i grew up guns all my life. I at the momment have a .357 magnum revolver and its doing great for me. Me and my friend are debating how much this gun would cost if you bought it out in the streets away from a gun dealer. I purchased mine legally and I will always. Just brought up the question.

P.S. - Oh ya its around the newark - passaic area.

Last edited by the_josh; June 19, 2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old June 19, 2007, 05:33 PM   #2
the_josh

i know that buying a gun on the street is illeigal. I would never do it i got mine legally and at a gun dealers store with a liscense. Heck why would I buy it illigaly when i can just get it legally. We would never do it, We just brought up the question. If you would answer it i would appriciate it.

Thanks
Old June 19, 2007, 05:38 PM   #3
BlkHawk73

Not take offence but for this to be asked as a first post raises a lot of eyebrows. Don't expect a lot of sympathy about "just wondering". it's just to troll-like of a question for a first post.
Old June 19, 2007, 05:41 PM   #4
Doug.38PR

Is it a felony? I mean if you can buy one at a gun show from an individual or buy one from a friend on a handshake...what's the difference? (depending on state laws of course)
Old June 19, 2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Archie

It's not a felony everywhere...

PDSR California requires all firearms sales go through a FFL. I suppose NY and NJ and MA are similar. However, Oregon didn't used to require such and I don't believe Arizona does, either.

To address the question, the states with more rigamarole surrounding gun sales typically have higher prices. I've never been in New Jersey and have no idea what any firearm prices are there, but I'd bet it would be more costly there than in - Wyoming, for instance.

You also failed to specify the manufacturer, model and condition of the revolver in question. A pristine condition Registered Model Magnum S&W is going to fetch a healthier price than a current Taurus.

Check out one of the firearms action/sales sites and you could probably get an idea.

Check out updated journal at http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/
Old June 19, 2007, 05:49 PM   #6
the_josh

Reffering what dough has to say. Lets not say its a "random" person. Lets say considering state laws that you bought it from a really good friend and he would price it resonably, im just asking for that price. I am no "thug" and I am old enough to buy my own guns. I have this same gun, we are trying to compare it to the price from the Gun Store.

To Archie-
Thanks you for answering my question, Anyone else that would want to, I greatly appriciate it.
Old June 19, 2007, 06:00 PM   #7
Mal H
Staff

the_josh - You're invited to start over with your question. However, asking about on-the-street pricing in a state where I assume you know it is illegal to do so isn't the question to ask. We don't condone illegal acts on TFL nor hypothetical discussions of them.

(Oh, and you'll notice that we have a separate forum for revolver topics. The general handgun forum is for non-specific handgun topics.)
Closed Thread