The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 28, 2001, 05:52 PM   #1
Keith J

Tonight

I saw this on Drudge but it was pulled before I could make a copy.
Seeing how there is a ~12 hour difference, its now dawn in Kabul so we should be hearing reports soon if there is a reporter present.

Make sure to have your firearms close at hand since the sleepers in this country are estimated at 25,000 and only ~500 have been found.
Old September 28, 2001, 08:53 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Can you give us a clue as to what you saw?
Old September 28, 2001, 09:46 PM   #3
ghillieman

man I"m glad I have a job that I get to wear a gun!!!!!!!!! as many as I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 28, 2001, 10:24 PM   #4
bastiat

It's so secret we can't even know the subject that relates to the topic! Maybe the trilateral commission is in on it. Or the masons.
Old September 28, 2001, 10:33 PM   #5
Hippie

Id like a few more hints myself..but my stuff is always available anyway.........
Old September 29, 2001, 05:35 AM   #6
GeekWithGun

come on, come on. do tell!

-=[ g e e k w i t h g u n ]=-
http://geekswithguns.com

PGP KeyID: 0x16FD57F9
Encryption is your 4th Amendment right. Use it like it was the last right you had.
Old September 29, 2001, 06:30 AM   #7
TMoney

...reminds me of the old rhyme that ends with:
"if you don't believe this lie is true, just ask the blind man; he saw it, too!"
Old September 29, 2001, 07:05 AM   #8
4thHorseman

It's some sort of encrypted code....
Old September 29, 2001, 08:51 AM   #9
David Scott

No special preps needed here in case of terrorist sleeper attack. We're always ready to meet malefactors with a hail of 9mm and 12 gauge, regardless of political motivation.

In any case, I doubt the sleepers' agenda includes invasion of the private homes of Mr. & Mrs. Joe America. If sleepers are activated, they'll go after miltary installations, telecommunications, and key industries. And they will get cut to ribbons. This country's not in a mood for any BS right now. I was down near Patrick AFB yesterday and I wouldn't want to try taking the gates with less than an armored battalion.
"As I looked at my two young sons, each with his gun, and considered how much the safety of the party depended on these little fellows, I felt grateful to you, dear husband, for having acquainted them in childhood with the use of firearms."

-- Elisabeth Robinson, in The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Old September 29, 2001, 10:02 AM   #10
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

Uhmm, the whole idea behind "sleepers" is that they are your neighbor/co-worker & have access to the same things you do.

If a "sleeper" is a civilian worker at an air base/army post/power plant/what-have-you, it's not likely they would have to crash the gate as they already have access/work there.

Even complete incoming vehicle searches would likely be ineffective as anything needed to muck up the works is likely already staged inside the facility. A complete perimeter cordon can't keep out what is already inside.

Attacks against infrastructures, if coming, will not be by marauding hordes in classic style, but by singles who do their work & simply walk away.

Rediculously easy in their execution & almost impossible to stop.

I too am curious as to "wht Drudge knows."
Old September 29, 2001, 10:36 AM   #11
Hippie

Regardless, it highly unlikely that any of us would have "contact" with any of these terrorist. IMHO, we will be more vulnerable to the "civil unrest" that results when and if our law enforcement gets stretched so far they can no longer respond. This could easily happen with a few more well coordinated attacks. Thats when the "boogers" and "two legged varmints" try to take advantage. Thats when beiing prepared as a militia for "homeland defense" will matter most. Its a shame that we will most likely have to shoot other "citizens" instead of terrorist.
Back during "Hugo" we had lots of looting and robberies in areas not protected by police or national guard troops. I, being prepared took it upon myself to guard my neighborhood. We had no incedents with looting, nor any attempts. Other places werent so lucky.
Yall just remain attentive and prepared, and it wont hurt a bit ti pray a bit too. Talk to your family and neighbors and come up with a few viable stratagies for varying degrees of possbilties. Keep plenty of extra canned goods and perhaps bottled water onhand. Im not a pro at this, ands Im sure some of yall have good ideas u might share as well.
Old September 29, 2001, 10:57 AM   #12
armedbutnotdangerous

No worries here.

Lot's of ammo, and my Y2K stash is still good! LOL!

Steve.