The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 27, 2004, 09:31 PM   #26
Jody Hudson

Hi Jamie,

I like it very much. It is a bit heavier than the Keltec .380 and snaps a bit more but is very, very, accurate - due to the fabulous trigger; compared to other small pistols.

I shot about 60 rounds of different kinds of ammo in the Rohrbaugh today and shot it A and B with my Keltecs of all four calibers at the same distances. The Rohrbaugh was usually more accurate than any of my Keltecs and they are quite good! With practice and with getting used to the beefy snap of recoil, you will hit well with it.

My average group size, and usually to point of aim, from about 30 feet was about 6 inches. That was two handed in target mode.

In panic mode, one handed, fast shooting, everyone is greatly different in ability.

It will not quite conceal in a shirt pocket, behind a pocket protector, like my Keltec P3AT will, but almost and it will hide well in a pants pocket of any kind, especially in a pocket holster. In a heavier shirt, like a winter canvas style double pocket shirt, which is what I wear a lot in the winter, the Rohrbaugh will ride well in a left shirt pocket, behind a pocket protector and that would be a fast and good location for a fast draw in my opinion.

For my Keltec, just for the fun of it, I made a stiff panel for the front of my pocket protector and a little U piece that is flat in front and glued to the stiffener, that goes under the PP and back past the thickness of pens and pencils and then has a 3/4" high by just smaller than bore size, plastic post that fits up the barrel of the Keltec and holds it in place and ready to pull out. It is a great little "holster" and I think it would work long term as a way to conceal carry in a shirt pocket. The same can be made for the Rohrbaugh with a couple of modifications. I messed up the Keltec model trying to make it better. If I get a chance to make a Rohrbaugh model, I'll take pictures for the Rohrbaugh site and then ask a REAL holster maker to make one for me for winter shirt-pocket-carry.

My best groups at about 30 feet were with WWB; all in about an inch to two inches depending on which time it was, which is very good for me.
Old June 27, 2004, 10:14 PM   #27
FirstFreedom

Well, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps it will conceal well even in relatively snug jeans, with proper pocket holster or pocket bumper. I thought it was significantly thicker than the P3AT, which is the key measurement for not screaming/printing "gun".
Old June 28, 2004, 11:37 AM   #28
Jody Hudson

Nearly identical in size and thickness but some heavier...