The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 15, 2008, 09:52 AM   #26
dodge

For the time being Pa. is still quite gun friendly.It's a shall issue state and your allowed to own full autos with the correct BATF paperwork. It's just too bad that it's surrounded gun unfriendly states.
Old July 15, 2008, 10:11 AM   #27
BrunoNorway

What about Alaska, i guess they are pretty gun friendly
I think i have to give "WildAlaska" a call to let him know i am comming

The American Dream...

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Old July 15, 2008, 08:33 PM   #28
stevelyn

Quote:
Yes we are.

East Moose. Wear Wolf.
Old July 15, 2008, 08:37 PM   #29
LanceOregon

Quote:
I think i have to give "WildAlaska" a call to let him know i am comming
Oregon is a very gun friendly state as well. All citizens who are not convicted criminals and not insane have a right to carry a pistol concealed with a permit. Even fully automatic machine guns can still be owned here.

The Willamette Valley in the western part of the state is very beautiful. It rains most of the year, but that is why the state is so green and pretty, with so many lovely rivers and lakes. The weather is much milder than Norway. It rarely snows here in the valley.

There is a large Scandinavian population in the southern part of the valley. In fact, a big Scandinavian festival is held here every year, to honor the area's Scandinavian heritage. During the last festival, Sunday was the day they set aside for Norwegian day. Here is a link to info about this festival:

http://www.scandinavianfestival.com/

Minnesota has a much larger Scandinavian population, however. But we have a very active Scandinavian community here.

Major cities in the area include Eugene, Corvallis, and Springfield. The center for the Scandinavian festival, Junction City, is only 12 miles north from the city of Eugene. And both of Oregon's two big universities are nearby in this area also.

Old July 15, 2008, 08:42 PM   #30
MD_Willington

Oregon or Idaho is fine, DO NOT come to WA...

You can be legal in Idaho or Oregon, but if you bring anything into WA State and get pulled over by the WSP you'll end up deported.

WA State has a retarded "Alien Firearms License"... and they cannot issue them at this time.

I'm a legally disarmed legal immigrant... :barf:
Old July 15, 2008, 10:14 PM   #31
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Western Wyoming would be a dandy for ya.

Bruno, if you think you feel welcome based on this board, wait and see if you actually move here. I'm sure it would be like reuniting with an old friend.

You'd definitely be a great example of one that's lived the exerience of what it's like that isn't a natural born citizen not to have natural born rights. Your voice here in first person could get fence sitters' ears to perk up.

Quote:
Well we here in Norway don't have any 2nd amendment, so the government think we are to consider us lucky to at all have some weapons and that we should stop crying over it.
The type of government doesn't deserve to have citizens that actually believe they have liberties. Move from there. Unite with us. People like you from all over the world are immigrating over here for a reason. Whichever state you want to move to, my only request is do go by the book and immigrate LEGALLY.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old July 16, 2008, 02:24 AM   #32
BrunoNorway

Thanks for the link
It would nice to move to a state whith a scandinavian communeti but
Quote:
The weather is much milder than Norway. It rarely snows here in the valley.

Wherever i go i think i will be welcomed as the "lost son" of the Bible.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Old July 17, 2008, 11:24 PM   #33
armoredman

Well, I like to see good gun people move here to AZ, but I really think you would hate it. Alaska would be great for you, get crackin' on the citizenship stuff as soon as you hit port! We'd be glad to have you here.
Old July 18, 2008, 06:36 AM   #34
LanceOregon

I have a cousin who retired to Arizona. She told me that the temperature has been getting up to 112 degrees Fahrenheit, ( which is 44.4 Celsius ) in the afternoon where she lives.

I think that the average Norwegian would melt in that sort of climate!!

Old July 18, 2008, 08:14 AM   #35
BrunoNorway

AZ would be a good choise, but i think it would be too hot for me I would love to help you "fight").

You know our limbs, here in Norway, are held together by permafrost, so we need to keep it cool to stay in one pice.

I realy think i wold be happy wherever i would be in the US, exept some plases, But of of course some plases are more optimal than others.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Old July 18, 2008, 11:54 PM   #36
mr kablammo

Bruno, can you sue the Justice Minister for just making up a new laws on his own initiative? What is his constitutional and parlimentary authority for lording it over the rest of the population by making up new laws himself? At the very least you (the shooting community of Norge) should sue his ass in court and force him to demonstrate the legal authority to make up new laws? I mean, does the guy think that he is Konig Olaf or what? Fie Fann!

If you come to Texas, bring some beautiful Norwegian lasses with you.
Old July 19, 2008, 04:08 AM   #37
imp

This all seems kind of backwards from the way things should be. We should be going over there to help Bruno fight for independance, not turn him into a refugee.
Old July 19, 2008, 07:00 AM   #38
Creature

Quote:
This all seems kind of backwards from the way things should be. We should be going over there to help Bruno fight for independance, not turn him into a refugee.
I agree.
Old July 19, 2008, 10:56 PM   #39
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
I am seriously considering moving if not to USA, at least Sweden. They don't have as crazy laws as in Norway and everything is much cheaper there..
Come to the Great Lake State. You'll probably even feel at home if you make it the Upper Peninsula. And Michigan's gun laws aren't bad; better than most, not as good as some.
Old July 23, 2008, 09:25 PM   #40
B.N.Real

You can come to Virginia,just STAY AWAY from Northern Virginia.

The traffic is HORRENDOUS as are the working conditions because of it.
Old July 24, 2008, 02:04 AM   #41
WeedWacker

Location: Body: Clarkston, Washington. Soul: LaCrosse, Wisconsin
If ya move to Washington I can hold onto those guns for ya (assuming all legalities are followed). Moving over the border in t minus 10 days and counting.
Old July 24, 2008, 11:27 AM   #42
UltimaThule

Bruno, breathe through your nose, calm down a little.

First of all, this isn't a law, it's an administrative regulation. It is not all that different from the one it is replacing. Sure, it's bad, just like anything else that is spawned in the petty little minds of bureaucrats, but not the end of the world. Also, it has not yet taken effect, and no date has been set as far as I know.

You are not limited to 6 guns. What it says is that if you want more than 6 guns for hunting, you have to document a "special need" for the 7th or however many you want. Target guns are not affected by this, if you have 6 guns for hunting, you can still have additional shotguns for trap and skeet, rifles for whatever type of target shooting you're into. Handguns are not affected either, no handgun hunting anyway.

As I understand it there is no change regarding self loading/semi automatic guns, it's just the same lawyer-speak as in the old regulations, giving the bureaucrats the authority to "regulate" specific guns in the future, sort of like when the ATF in America suddenly decides that some gun can't be imported because it has protruding bits of plastic on it. Full auto is pretty much out, but it is theoretically possible if you have a collector's licence and you already have at least 25 collectible guns and an otherwise banned gun (full auto, gun camoflaged as a cell phone, whatever) could be considered a natural part of your existing collection - then you can send in an application. Not saying they'll approve it, but you can always hope.

Some things in the new regulation are better than the old one, as it was intended when the work on it started. The legal length of rifles and shotguns and how to meaure them is standardized, the procedures for buying guns that other people will be using (children too young to buy their own), some aspects of borrowing guns and for storing guns at someone else's house have been cleared up. Other things have not changed. We can still buy suppressors over the counter, and hunt with them. It is still way, way easier for a private citizen to import (or export) a gun than it is for our American friends.

Do I think this new regulation is a good thing? Hell no. At the very least a couple of bureaucrats should be fired and they should go back to the original draft of this regulation, from 2005 - yes, it has been in the works that long, it's not a lightning bolt from the blue. The main problem is some of the last minute changes giving too much power to a small group of dimwitted bureaucrats. In my ideal world, all the otherwise unemployable people out there would be hired to stand outside government buildings with a rolled up newspaper. The job would be to smack every passing bureaucrat on the nose to remind them of their place. OK, that's enough ranting for now...
Old July 26, 2008, 02:33 PM   #43
GeorgeF

Don't forget about Pennsylvania. Nice mix of hot and cold. Close to civilization, so commodities arent so pricey as some other places. Gun laws are very good. You can own Full auto, silencers, short barreled rifles and shotguns and of course all the regular firearms you can purchase.

Open carry in all areas except Philadelphia and concealed carry everywhere except federal building and a few other places.
Old July 31, 2008, 08:57 AM   #44
PDXGS

Oregon sucks.
It rains all the time, the people are nasty and there's no fun to be had anywhere, with or without guns.....You're welcome to visit as long as you can repeat the first two sentences of this post to anyone who asks "Did you like Oregon?"!

8+ guns and multiplying
Concealed permits are realtively easy to acquire
.50cal is no problem.
Old July 31, 2008, 12:18 PM   #45
BrunoNorway

UltimaThule:
Quote:
First of all, this isn't a law, it's an administrative regulation
Poteitou, Potato.

It will take effect the 1st of September. It is tru that that you can get more guns than 6 but it iwill be a lengthly prosses of aplication to get the 7th gun for a hunter, of course this law hasent taken effekt yet so we wont know how they plan to enforce this law. I think it is too optimistic to say it will be betther for the shooting communety.

Regarding semi auto,the law say that semi-autos are illegal but exeptions can be made so they made a list with all the approved semi-autos. If a semi-auto are not easy to convert into full-auto, it is likly to be approved. The law will be the same only rewriten in the new laws, this means that all the approwed types of semi-autos have to be re-approved by the POD (National Police Directorate) to be legal, witch is unrealistic since it will take about one month to get one type of semi-auto, like M1A, approved today. Imagine re-approving all semies.

Full-auto is also mention in the new laws, saying what have always been said, that they can be bought by collectors with collectors licence if they are made into semi-autos without the possibilety of converting them back to full-auto. The law also say that guns made to look like somthing totaly diffrent than a gun, like a flashlight, is also illegal.

Somthings will be bether, like the legal lengths of a gun and so on. It only remeins to see how bad it will get and to see the POD memos to see how the laws are to be inturpurated.

Nice to see some of my country men here also. Were are you from?
Are you a member on "Kammeret.no"? Nick name?

Quote:
In my ideal world, all the otherwise unemployable people out there would be hired to stand outside government buildings with a rolled up newspaper. The job would be to smack every passing bureaucrat on the nose to remind them of their place

mr kablammo

Quote:
Bruno, can you sue the Justice Minister for just making up a new laws on his own initiative? you (the shooting community of Norge) should sue his ass in court. does the guy think that he is Konig Olaf or what?
If you come to Texas, bring some beautiful Norwegian lasses with you.
Sadly it wouldnt work in norway but some of the organisations have voken up and and are starting to react.
If i will ever move, i will invite all the Norwegian girls i see.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES