The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #151
The Verminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
My son is an emergency physician and worked in Northern Ohio during his residency and has seen single .22 l.r rounds being lethal while multiple hits with 9mm and .40 SW were survived. Even head shots.

It should be noted that the 9mm and .40 were FMJ and that lethality and incapacitation are not exactly the same.

Being able to perform the Bil Drill successfully with a 9mm is probably better than slow fire ( one shot per second ) and misses from a .45 ACP or .44 Rem Mag.
I asked that question of a guy who said he had seen all these gun battles with various calibers.

He never did answer.

I was just wondering.

It had to be somebody like Jim Cirillo or Bill Allard, I thought.........but they're both dead.

Point is, precious few of us have actually SEEN a lot of gunfights.

Which is why, I guess, we get so many reports of some guy who heard from another guy who said he had seen this or that.......proving........something.

So........isn't it about time for another post saying that a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44 Magnum?

It's been at least two pages since somebody gifted us with that old cliche.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #152
jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Verminator View Post
So........isn't it about time for another post saying that a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44 Magnum?

It's been at least two pages since somebody gifted us with that old cliche.

All that long and the cliche is still true.