The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 11, 2007, 01:49 PM   #151
TiP99

Chuck Norris and the Delta Force want their guns back. Why would you waste money on this. sheesh.
If you want peace - prepare for war
Old February 11, 2007, 02:05 PM   #152
waynedm

Will the company mount the sights on the side of the gun for me if I request it?
Old February 11, 2007, 02:29 PM   #153
Socrates

I used to have REAL macs for home protection. Doesn't sound like they worked as well as this new one, but, with another bolt, they easily went full auto, tore down easily, and, using 7000 grains of 45 in less then 2 seconds, I always wondered how it would work as a bear defense weapon, with ball ammo. Made a good woods carry gun, while the Santa Cruz serial murder guy was in the woods...

Considering our current legal climate, I could see using it for home defense, then being crucified by the media, and a DA.

It would, with a suppressor, be what it was made to be, an excellent offensive weapon for clearing rooms. Semi auto, it looses a LOT of it's benefits.

If I had a choice, I'd sure be betting on one burst stops, over one shot stops, anytime...

S
Old February 11, 2007, 02:39 PM   #154
HiltonFarmer

Quote:
And by the way,I own the super bad MPA-10T which is the full size .45acp
Its rear site only has the top peep at the rear.Works better than you would guess.
Do you work for the company? Each to their own I always say. I personally think it's a horrible looking little gun that got made in your basement. I see those c-clips on my old '52 Ford, and the sights - well now?? I can't see through the glasses I have on let alone those sights.

I'll stick to the more traditional side arms thanks.

HiltonFarmer
Old February 11, 2007, 03:31 PM   #155
xnavy

A complete joke of a gun. I am starting to wonder if all the new posters coming out of the woodwork touting this gun aren't the same poster. This is definetly a weapon for the "wanna be gangsta crowd".
Old February 11, 2007, 05:11 PM   #156
Marcus

I personally have no use for an MPA Defender but being an American gun owner I figure if it makes someone happy why not buy two,they`re small. Funny how we blast the libs for classifying (demonizing?) firearms by their looks and magazine capacities,reminding them that a "sporting purpose" has not one thing to do with the right to keep and bear arms. Then some gun owners do the very same thing. If Hillary and friends (fiends?) read this forum they`d be mighty proud of ya. Marcus
Old February 11, 2007, 06:35 PM   #157
Let it Bleed

Web site is analogous to strapping a deer to the hood of your car to show your support of hunting. It is the millions of Americans who are on the fence that we must appeal to for further support. If this many self avowed gun lovers, including me, are put off by Masterpiece Arms, imagine how it would play to those who are currently undecided about gun control. It is a sad reality that we, as well as many others, have had to fight to preserve their individual rights.

It is important to remember that constitutional powers are exercised and that constitutional rights are enforced. Where do you turn when it is the government, with majority support, infringing on your rights? Often we look to the courts to protect our individual liberties from governmental intrusion. How well has that worked in the past in regards to so-called gun control legislation? So far, the only court provided for in the Constitution has been able to nimbly avoid directly ruling on the issue regarding an individual right to bear arms. Also don't forget how we got the federal "Assault Weapon" legislation in the first place and how much better it is since it sunset out of existence. Too bad all legislation doesn't have a sunset provision.

Regardless, the point is not who is correct in their interpretation of the Second Amendment, but who appeals to the majority of Americans and can thereby influence the course of legislation. With the number of States that have some form of "shall issue" concealed carry laws, we are enjoying relatively good times. Let's hope the tide does not turn against us.
Old February 12, 2007, 12:27 AM   #158
HiltonFarmer

I couldn't resist. If you're looking for a real gun - I guess this would be real enough. I know it would take a boy and a small man to carry it

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepa...llcloganut.jpg

Hiltonfarmer
Old February 12, 2007, 10:48 AM   #159
Seancass

wow, i was just about to put on the ol flame suit and say these things looked pretty cool and i'd consider one. but then i watched the video off the website.... words can not discribe. just watch it and you'll understand.

anybody know anything about that carbine on the site? i know its really lame, but it has a drum and drums cloud my judgement.

seriously. a hummer in the video? did you see how much that gun flailed around? no human could keep a sight picture in that lil red dot. it was completely useless. the guy was trying to play an action hero and he looked like a 35 year old man who still doesnt know he doesnt play highschool football anymore. and the blowing the gun off and saying "yeah"... insert "i'm compensating phrase here"
Old February 12, 2007, 09:32 PM   #160
Te Anau

Quote:
A complete joke of a gun.
Yah right.Until you actually hold one and put lead on target,I wouldnt judge.
Old February 12, 2007, 09:44 PM   #161
Lurper

I didn't read all of the posts, just the first and last page so I don't know if anyone pointed this out.
There are not 3 peeps in the rear sight. The 2 lower holes are for attaching a sling, there are holes on the front sight assembly as well. It was the same way on the M.A.C.'s, I had one in .45 and my friend had the M-11 with the briefcase setup. They were sure fun to shoot, but as stated no real purpose in semi-auto.
Old February 13, 2007, 12:05 AM   #162
Seancass

so, Te Anau, since you clearly know the gun in question, is the man in the video limp-wristing to make it look cooler, or is the gun really that hard to control. i sincerely hope he's just putting on a show. also, what sort of a price do these things go for and does the company make a smaller or larger magazine? i would really like to see how this thing performs or if it really is a joke. there are 7 pages of knowledgeable gun owners here saying this thing isn't worth the metal its made of and the only come back I've seen is about how cool it looks when you shoot it.
Old February 13, 2007, 04:39 AM   #163
Te Anau

Quote:
the gun really that hard to control.
I havent had any control issues with mine.
Quote:
what sort of a price do these things go for and does the company make a smaller or larger magazine?
They (9X19's or .45acp) can be had for less than $400.00.Mine uses 30 round grease gun mags.Dont know of any smaller options in 9X19 or .45acp.

Quote:
i would really like to see how this thing performs or if it really is a joke.
The comparison to an AK is accurate.These guns are reliable & lots of fun.I no longer own my Glock :barf: 21. I proudly shoot my American made MPA.
Old February 13, 2007, 09:36 AM   #164
Slugthrower

"I no longer own my Glock 21. :barf: "
???

I don't like Glock personally. I would not have traded it off in order to get a firearm that is neither a good SMG or a good handgun. That thing is neither fish nor foul. By performing no role in particular very well it is a lacking design. If owning the equivalent to a football bat is good for you, then may it be so. I will abstain.

Have safe day and enjoyable day.
Old October 15, 2007, 02:30 AM   #165
Mercy the merciless

Any advice?

What advantage does the MPA930S have over a G26 with a G18 mag???
I mean other than price, poly over metal, quality & carry. "Which one should I get my wife"???(lol) I wanted to get the STG-556, just had a baby, wife wont go for the price. Really though, doesn't this thing fit in the group with tec-9, tec-22, and the newer PLR-16, WHAT! WHAAAT!
Old October 15, 2007, 06:20 AM   #166
NCHornet

website seems to be down now???
Old October 15, 2007, 03:07 PM   #167
Perldog007

Interesting little bullet hose. Looks like a shootist with some ammo and some suspicious looking dirt clods on the back 40 could make a day of it. Won't be my first choice if SHTF, but certainly better than freshly cut fingernails.

If I had all the handguns I wanted the MPA might find a home at the ranch.....
Old October 15, 2007, 08:05 PM   #168
pistolet1

Besides the obvious references to the gun's quality and purpose; has anyone noticed that the models in question use single feed/double column magazines that were not always known for their reliabilty, (i.e. M3 Grease Gun and Sten)? Grease gun mags are probably becoming harder to find and quite costly, while Sten mags are relatively plentiful and cheap, but often of very poor quality. I would think this would be another cause for concern with this gun platform, as it's only as good as the ammunition delivery system it uses.
Old October 15, 2007, 08:29 PM   #169
FS2K

Mpa971

Quote:
anybody know anything about that carbine on the site? i know its really lame, but it has a drum and drums cloud my judgement.
Yeah, I own one. Aside from it being the heaviest gun I own (without a full load) the carbine is pretty darn fun to shoot...from a bench. It has zero recoil, is as accurate as any 9mm carbine and takes 72 round Suomi drums as well as 50 round "Coffin" magazines.

It is what it is: a FN FAL lower mated to an M11 type upper reciever and bolt with a 16" barrel shrouded in AR15 furniature. It's a fun plinker for sure and the fact that it's a 9mm means it's cheap runnin.
Old October 16, 2007, 12:11 PM   #170
AutoPistola

For cripes sakes, people!! It's a NOVELTY gun!! Everybody knows the whole "tactical pistol" genre is a joke anyways; just wannabe subguns.

With that said:
They are reported to be accurate (if you can get over the sights), reliable, and well-made in comparison to previous MAC-style "tactical pistols".

Plus, I think they look kinda neat, say....with the sidecocker, red dot, and fake suppressor. Plus they bump-fire good to; check out some Bubba's on YouTube..... I'm suprised they don't shoot themselves
Old October 16, 2007, 01:10 PM   #171
SpookBoy

sorry i had to post this! Maybe this will help our "rambo" friends out

I guess this is a banana clip!

Actually this is a clip:

THIS is a magazine:

Can YOU spot the difference?

"Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage , You prepare your own limbs to wear them."
- Abraham Lincoln
Old October 17, 2007, 07:44 AM   #172
BluesBear

Location: Mill Creek, Washington (The Great Pacific NorthWet)
gee whiz - give it a rest

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know. Technically a magazine has a spring to feed the cartridges and a clip doesn't.* However the terms have been used interchangably for OVER 100 years now and I'm sure the nit-pickers have been smug about it for at least 99.

Do you also nit-pick about how a pistol has a chamber that's integral with the barrel and a revolver does not? Even though Sam Colt was advertising revolving pistols over a decade before the civil war.

Do you also obsess over whether a 15 round mag is a high-capacity magazine or a standard capacity magazine?

Wait a minute... since the terms HAVE been used interchangably for over a century could it be possible that a magazine could also be a clip?
Could that be why they coined the terms stripper clip and en bloc clip? To differentiate them from the detachable clip magazine used in a Model 1900 Browning?
For instance Webster for many, many years has opined; "a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm" SO... if a clip can be a magazine then why can't a magazine be a clip?

The "Fashion Calibers" seem to come and go but when all is said and done everybody comes back to the forty-five.
(Chris Curino - Kimber Mfg. Co.)

Old October 17, 2007, 11:45 AM   #173
RsqVet

Actually the MPA guns when I had a chance to look at them striped down showed suprisingly good quality of build given their price point. They do seem heavy for what they are, but I guess that might help shootability and their longevity.

The "no real point" gun that I have always wanted would be an HK Sp89, and of course the price on those keeps going up, and up and up.

I may pick up a DSA imported Bruger and Thomet TP9 for the heck of it... kind of the same idea and I guess one could do paperwork on it and put a folding stock on it if one really wanted to. I also figure the value on them will likely go up as well.
Old November 8, 2009, 04:25 PM   #174
gyvel

Quote:
Yah right.Until you actually hold one and put lead on target,I wouldnt judge.
So... What you are saying is that when you hold one and actually manage to put a piece of lead on a target you can judge then?
Old November 8, 2009, 06:01 PM   #175
contender6030

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyvel
So... What you are saying is that when you hold one and actually manage to put a piece of lead on a target you can judge then?
Talk about diggin one out of the archives....