The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old June 21, 2006, 10:56 AM   #1
Mannlicher

Shooting at a Federal Prison in FL

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060621/...rison_shooting

I wonder if the Feds handled this correctly. Going in to arrest folks that they know are armed................. The accused could have just been picked up at their homes, or in the parking lot before arming themselves.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old June 21, 2006, 11:25 AM   #2
TimRB

"The accused could have just been picked up at their homes, or in the parking lot before arming themselves."

That's true, but on the other hand who would have guessed that someone would be stupid enough to shoot it out rather than be arrested for smuggling contraband to prisoners?

Tim
Old June 22, 2006, 08:05 AM   #3
VAFed

Staff Arrests

Many of our bad staff are arrested in the workplace with no problems. This was an isolated incident and could have happened if the staff member had been at home or on the street.

He broke policy when he brought his personal weapon on institution grounds and he paid a heavy price for his poor judgement.

I feel for the OIG agent that was killed and hope other staff will think before they react.

BOP staff member.....