The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 26, 2001, 11:52 PM   #1
bastiat

About 2 years ago I watched a five night series, I believe on the history channel. It detailed the evolution of firearms, from the middle ages through modern day. I also think the was called 'The History of the Gun'.

However, I can't find any mention of it on the history channel's website, and searching TFL doesn't reveal any information (other than the 401 matches for 'history', channel' and 'gun').

Does anyone else recall seeing this series? After having watched many 'Tales of the Gun', I believe that parts of the show were used in both 'Tales of the Gun' and 'History of the gun'.
Old March 27, 2001, 12:41 AM   #2
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Well, I also thought it was on The History Channel, but maybe it was on A&E (Arts & Entertainment Network.)

Try a search on A & E, or maybe The History Channel for "The Story of the Gun." I have a four-tape set my significant other gave me for birthday a few years ago. I'm pretty sure it has been expanded to additional tapes in subsequent production.

Information on the set jacket shows it is from A&E Home Video, copyright 1996 A&E Television Networks.

New Video Group, 126 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011

Catalog # AAE-15200

All best,
Johnny
Old March 27, 2001, 12:46 AM   #3
Doc Hudson

The current History Channel series is called "Tales of the Gun"

Doc Hudson
Old March 27, 2001, 01:12 AM   #4
bastiat

Thank you Mr. Guest!

Found it on A&E's web site. http://store.aetv.com/cgi-bin/ae.sto...uct/View/15200

It's "Story of the gun". Plus it's less than $40 for the whole 4 tape set! I think I just found one of my Christmas Gifts!

I just hope they come out with DVD's before then.