The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 24, 2004, 10:43 AM   #26
Fred Hansen

We (unofficially) managed to raise $5,557.00 dollars (net) at our little event. A 39% increase over last year (our very first event).

Thank you to those of you who replied, and thank you to those of you that would have liked to have been there, but had other obligations. We will almost certainly be doing this again next year. Hope to see some of the folks from TFL there!

Keep up to date with this link Vashon Sportsmen's Club, and as I said, if you think you might be coming out to the island(s) give me a PM, or a call, and maybe we can get some range time in.

Thanks again!
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old May 15, 2005, 12:04 PM   #27
Fred Hansen

Well, it's that time of year again, and the Vashon Sportsmen's Club is proud to sponsor our third annual Friends of NRA banquet and auction.

Saturday June 18th 2005 is the date, and 5:30 p.m. is when the social hour begins, with dinner and the auction to begin around 7:00 p.m.

We will have all of the merchandise from this year's standard FONRA package in addition to all of the wonderful and generous donations that our local community members and businesses donate to us every year.

The 2005 FONRA Gun of the Year is this beautiful Kimber Eclipse II .45 ACP

Its features are:

Frame: full size, stainless, series II, black oxide and brushed polished sides (after black oxide). Slide: 5”, stainless, fixed sights, black oxide, brushed polished sides (after black oxide), engraved with “NRA Eclipse II” on ejection port side and “2005 FNRA GUN OF THE YEAR” on the Kimber logo side. Seven round blue Kimber magazine. Fixed white dot sights, premium aluminum trigger with 4-5 lb. trigger pull, standard thumb safety, wood grips with round NRA letter logo, 5” carbon barrel, black small parts and serial number range from K05NRA0001 - K05NRA1025. There will be a total of 1025 guns in this limited edition.

We are offering a chance to win this Weatherby Vanguard .270 Winchester in our pre-event raffle. With only 100 tickets being sold and the low price of $10 per ticket how can you go wrong?

Like all Weatherby Vanguard rifles, the Sporter comes with a factory target, assuring you of guaranteed accuracy of 1-1/2" (or better) 3-shot groups at 100 yards.The Sporter’s figured walnut stock has a semi-gloss finish and is accented with a rosewood forend tip. Hand-bedded to the barreled action, the stock has a forend pressure point that dampens barrel harmonics. A Plano hard plastic rifle case, Bushnell Banner 3-9 x 40mm riflescope, and a Tandy leather NRA logo embellished sling and hard rifle case complete this package.

PM or e-mail me (PM will likely get a quicker response) for tickets and information.

And don't forget to visit www.vashonsportsmensclub.com to see the positive results that FONRA grant money has brought to our community with regard to firearms safety and enjoyment.
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old May 18, 2005, 11:10 AM   #28
Fred Hansen

The Remington Model 870 is the most popular shotgun in firearm history. Remington Arms Company Inc. has created the ultimate in strength and durability with this firearm. Built with twin action bars to insure smooth and reliable non-binding action, this gun has a five shot capacity. A 25” Vent Rib barrel and modified choke trim out this shotgun. Limited to 1,000 guns which feature a non-glare matte and Friends of NRA Patriot logo on the receiver.

Michael Moore
Old May 19, 2005, 09:55 AM   #29
Larry Ashcraft

Fred,

That 870 brought nearly $500 at our event, even though it was an Express model. The FNRA logo must be worth $200 to someone.

The sweetheart though, is the Remington 700 CDL in .204 Ruger (the CDL comes out of the custom shop).
Old May 19, 2005, 10:45 AM   #30
Fred Hansen

Good to know.

I've been thinking about bidding on the 28 gauge myself. I've got an old single shot 28 that was my mom's, and I really don't shoot it for a number of reasons, but I've always heard that 28 gauge is great for skeet.
Quote:
The FNRA logo must be worth $200 to someone.
We're very fortunate to have a member of our local club who has a laser engraver, and we have him engrave some of our stuff with hunting scenes, our local club logo, the purchaser's name (as an option) and stuff like that. It really enhances some of the items.

The folks who come to our event also know most of the kids who attend our summer camp, and the kids that participate on our rifle team, and so they really understand firsthand how much FONRA has helped our little community. Even the left-wing whack-jobs keep their yaps shut because they know they won't get any traction by criticizing those kids.

I can't think of any downside to FONRA other than it's just one more thing that I volunteer my time to.

Michael Moore
Old May 19, 2005, 05:48 PM   #31
Larry Ashcraft

Fred,

I'm an engraver by trade. Laser, computer and pantograph. We always have a Henry Big Boy on our live auction. I engrave "Pueblo Friends of NRA 2005" on the shiny brass reciever. Ten minutes work and always worth at least $150 over retail.

I think the only reason I'm on the committee is so they can get free engraving and good deals on the centerpieces. Oh, and I buy a sponsor table every year also.
Old May 19, 2005, 08:22 PM   #32
Fred Hansen

Quote:
I think the only reason I'm on the committee is so they can get free engraving and good deals on the centerpieces. Oh, and I buy a sponsor table every year also.
I'll have to try and use that quote to shame our engraver into buying a table too.

Michael Moore
Old June 12, 2005, 09:06 PM   #33
Fred Hansen

Another bump to let folks know that we still have banquet AND raffle tickets left.

Two raffles:

Raffle #1: We are offering a chance to win a Weatherby Vanguard .270 Winchester in our pre-event raffle. With only 150* tickets being sold and the low price of $10 per ticket how can you go wrong?

* 150 tickets is the correct number. An earlier mis-communication was the cause for the mistake.

Raffle #2: A Kimber Pro-Carry .45 is first prize.

A Kimber 84M in .308 is second prize.

Tickets for Raffle#2 are $20.00 each. Whoever wins first prize, their ticket will be put back in to the bucket, and they will have a chance at winning second prize as well. Not a bad deal... the chance to win two beautiful guns for only
$20 bucks.

See you there!

Michael Moore
Old June 12, 2005, 09:17 PM   #34
jonathon

I'm pondering it.. do you guys hold one every year(a friend of NRA thing)? Might not make it this year, due to the fact I forgot to ask dad when you last bumped this... Next year though.. I'll be able to take myself
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!
Old June 15, 2005, 11:57 PM   #35
Fred Hansen

Thought I might try another bump to see if anyone else might be interested.

The banquet and auction is this Saturday... PM or call me for more info.

Michael Moore