The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 18, 2002, 10:57 AM   #26
DonP

I want to see Laurie Dhue shooting anything

I think they ned to refilm the segment with Laurie Dhue shooting an AR or a Mini 14 or an M-1 or a BB gun.

Maybe in camo or leather. I don't really care if she hits the target.

Don P.
Old October 18, 2002, 11:56 AM   #27
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

You are one sick puppy, Mister.

Old October 18, 2002, 11:58 AM   #28
Libertarian

DonP, how about Jane Skinner? I enjoy watching her even with the audio off.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." JFK

My other favorite forum is The Armed Citizen

My PGP key is 0x780B7C0A
Old October 18, 2002, 12:48 PM   #29
Sam Adams

Riverdog - you said:

"The continuing issue in MD/DC/VA is the inability of LE to stop this guy even when they are fully mobilized and on 10 second alert. They will almost always arrive time-late. They can't protect the
individuals and can only hope to catch this guy before he does it again if he leaves a good witness
or good forensic evidence. It seems he has done
neither."

This should point out the futility of the anti-gunners' argument that "the police will protect you, so why do you need a gun?." I suggest that every TFL'er use this every single time an anti tries this lame argument in favor of gun control or confiscation.

Further, no one in the media has suggested that the single .223 case that the police found in VA (?) may have either been there for weeks/months/years, or that it could've been a deliberate plant of someone else's case picked up at a range. What if the "sniper" (he hasn't shown such great skill, so he doesn't really deserve the title) or a friend of his deliberately left the case there? What if the SOB was using a bolt gun and keeping his cases? What if he was shooting a sabot round from a .30 cal gun which shoots a .223 bullet?

Also, it would seem to me that the police/ATF should be able to quickly determine whether the case in question was fired from a semi-auto or a bolt gun (or even a pump, if one was ever made to fire a .223 round). If so, I think that we'd have already heard that announced, so that they could say that he had "an evil assault rifle." I'll be surprised if this nut used a semi-auto (if, that is, they ever catch him or find his rifle).

Finally, I wonder if the Congresscritters who want to ban guns have considered the difficulty of catching or stopping this guy, in the context of tens or hundreds of thousands of skilled shooters being pi$$ed off by some future successful effort to ban all or a large number of guns. Note to all L.E. types: I don't own any guns, wouldn't be skilled in the use of them if I had any, and wouldn't be the least bit upset if some of you busted down my door, kicked my cat to death, ransacked my house and took all of my guns - even if I had any. Nope, I'd smile and say "Thank you sir, may I have another!"
Old October 18, 2002, 01:24 PM   #30
Billll

I'll say it again; I believe that when the press begins running in all directions with a gun-related story, the best thing we could do would be to contact the reporter, and invite him/her to the range to clear the air a bit.

I also think the shooter is a terrorist (that's where my money is in the "pool").
Folks, war has been declared, the lead is flying from Afganistan to DC, and there are no non-combatants. If anything, this should be a call to enact shall-issue laws everywhere.