The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

View Poll Results: What Influential People Do You Know Who Support RKBA?
Business Leader (non gun store) 4 40.00%
Catholic Priest, Jewish Rabbi or Protestant Minister 4 40.00%
College Teacher or Professor 5 50.00%
Elementary or Secondary Teacher 4 40.00%
Engineer, Scientist or Industrial Leader 3 30.00%
Law Enforcement Officer (non-elected) 4 40.00%
Lawyer or Appointed Judge (non-elected) 5 50.00%
Medical Doctor, Nurse or Pharmacist 4 40.00%
Psychologist, Social Worker or Psychiatrist 5 50.00%
Retired or Active Duty Military Member 5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 11, 2005, 08:19 PM   #1
MeekAndMild

What Influential Members of Your Community are Pro RKBA?

What influential members of your community (that you know personally) are pro RKBA? If I get the poll to work right it will allow multiple checks. I realize the categories are pretty arbitrary and leave out a lot.

Please! I'm not interested in elected officials even the Judge or Sheriff if they are elected, and I'm not interested in professional lobbyists or others whose job is to change public opinion.
Also, please no gun store operators or FFLs (or for that matter, people who publish gun magazines). However other media types can be lumped under Business Professionals.

Please feel free to specify any other in a post. For instance in my community farmers are very influential persons and I know several who are pro RKBA.
Old September 11, 2005, 10:43 PM   #2
Christopher II

Interesting question.

I personally know half a dozen or so strongly pro-gun LEOs, that many again current or ex-military officers, two locally high-profile attorneys, one medical doctor, one psychiatrist, and my neighbor, who is one of the top three biological scientists in the world (he would also be attorney #3, although he has never practiced.) Oh, and one retired public school principal.

These are all members of my gun club.

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key
Old September 11, 2005, 10:47 PM   #3
Avizpls

I cant explain how I got so Pro 2A as I cant name anyone who was influential on it.

My story was I ALWAYS wanted a handgun. on my 21st, I got my self one just to have, shoot, and enjoy. THEN I realized how important the self protection and 2A aspects of ownership are.
Old September 14, 2005, 06:09 PM   #4
MeekAndMild

I don't know, Avizpls. Most of the people in my immediate family are what O'Reilly calls "Koolaid drinking liberals" and I turned out conservative and fairly libertarian. Bumping this thread back to the top.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old September 18, 2005, 08:30 AM   #5
MeekAndMild

back to the top
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old September 21, 2005, 06:25 PM   #6
MeekAndMild

Again to the top. Please participate in the poll if you know anyone.