The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old April 25, 2024, 10:25 PM   #1
GGALLIN1776

Forum newb question.....

Is there a link to check for replies?

So far I haven't found one so I'm going back to every thread I've replied on to check for follow-ups. I can survive the tedium, just hoping for a bit easier method.

Thanks ahead of time!
Old April 25, 2024, 11:33 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

When you go to the Reply to Thread window, look beneath it and click on "Go Advanced." From the Advanced editing window, a number of options open up for you, listed below the edit window. Look for "Thread Subscription" and set the notification to however you would like to be notified.
Jeepaholic
Old April 26, 2024, 12:23 AM   #3
GGALLIN1776

I double checked subscription status, turns out even on this thread I'm subscribed but no notifications are showing.

Is there a mobile version of the site that I should be using instead?
Old April 26, 2024, 12:37 AM   #4
HiBC

At the bottom of a new post there will be a button "Reply"
I poke that and reply to a post.

When I log on I choose "New Posts" from the task bar.

Seems like that shows me any replies to my comments.(Or anything new of interest)

I'm certainly no tech whiz. That seems to meet my needs.
Old April 26, 2024, 02:57 AM   #5
georgehwbush

hmmm is email notifications all the options there are ?

i'm not a webpage builder, but i would think there would be an easy way to setup something that would appear on a home page or something... no scratch that, that sounds like facebook which i avoid like the plague. so check my email huh? that's not something i do by nature. only when i'm expecting something.
Old April 26, 2024, 07:03 AM   #6
Nathan

You have the choice of no subscription, no notification or a couple types of email.

As long as you don’t select no subscription, it will show in your user cp. user cp is a link along the top bar. I set my favorite link to the forum to go to that view.
Old April 26, 2024, 10:26 AM   #7
Mal H
Staff

Under "Quick Links" in the menu bar is "Subscribed threads". Using that function is often easier than checking email for replies to subscribed threads.
Old April 27, 2024, 02:44 AM   #8
GGALLIN1776

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehwbush View Post
hmmm is email notifications all the options there are ?

i'm not a webpage builder, but i would think there would be an easy way to setup something that would appear on a home page or something... no scratch that, that sounds like facebook which i avoid like the plague. so check my email huh? that's not something i do by nature. only when i'm expecting something.
Yup, all options are showing. I selected "instant email" as that would be the closest thing to having individual thread responses show in notifications, but no luck in those.
Old April 29, 2024, 11:48 PM   #9
georgehwbush

first of all "welcome to tfl"

just a thought that you may find useful. if you click on your name it takes you to a page with a statics tab in it. click that and there is a link to find all threads you have started and another to find all posts you have made. if you get lost that might help you find something. and as many others i have learned to just check the new posts link and see if there is anything that interests me. i know that doesn't answer your question, i hope someone on staff can help you with that.
Old April 30, 2024, 12:33 AM   #10
Mal H
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehwbush
i hope someone on staff can help you with that
?? Two Staff members already have.
Old April 30, 2024, 02:24 AM   #11
georgehwbush

Mal_H; i wasn't dissing you. just that the op wasn't having any luck with what was already said... i do not know if there is an answer that will help them but you might. that's all i meant by it.