The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old March 24, 2001, 08:09 AM   #1
Redneck2

New to this part of the forum so my apologies if this has been answered....in the Dillon pamphlet I get is a list of anti-organizations (unfortunately I used to contribute to one unknowingly).

Is there a list of anti-gun businesses (manufacturers, etc)? I still remember a number of years ago that Gillette gave money to start one of the first anti-gun organizations, probably in the mid or late 60's. Haven't bought one of their products since. Looking for a boycott list.

If there is such a list, would be nice if it were published in American Rifleman/Hunter.
Old March 24, 2001, 09:18 AM   #2
DC
Moderator Emeritus

This is a bit dated, will look around for a more current list:

http://www.tcsn.net/doncicci/anti.htm

New stuff:
http://www.nraila.org/research/19990...roups-001.html

http://www.nraila.org/research/19990...roups-002.html
Old March 24, 2001, 10:16 AM   #3
papercut

I have a list too! Me me me me me I have a list I have a list.....

Here's my list: http://www.mindspring.com/~papercut/boycott.html

I try to list the specific reason whenever possible.
Old March 24, 2001, 04:30 PM   #4
AmericaFirst

My personal boycott list

These are companies who went out of their way to attack our rights. I recall back in early 1993 on the PBS show hosted by Dennis Wholey Jim and Sarah Brady saying how Volkswagen of America supported them and was so helpful to HCI.

Then Dannon Yogurt who helped MMM.

These are the other anti-gun nut companies that I boycott:

SARA LEE BAKED GOODS

Clorox Bleach

Levi-Strauss, Dockers

S&W

AT&T

Paul Newman sauce, salad dressings, etc

Ben & Jerry's even if it has changed ownership

Any albums by Dave Matthews Band, Carlos Santana, Paula Cole, Tori Amos, Sheryl Crow,there are many of these (see below)

Any film with CLOONEY Mark Walhberg take your pick

Magazines my wife WILL NEVER BUY:
REDBOOK Glamour McCalls Self

Magazine I will never buy: AMERICAN HANDGUNNER S&W shills

The Stop Handgun Violence disc, which should see release in late August, will be no less impressive in regard to artists and material. The planned 16-track set is offering a tasteful blend of new originals by Bonnie Raitt, Paula Cole, Fastball, Santana with Dave Matthews, and Ben Folds Five, and already familiar radio hits like Sheryl Crow's "Anything But Down," Sixpence None the Richer's "Kiss Me" and Sugar Ray's "Some Day." In addition, and in fitting with the overall theme, the disc will include an ensemble, "We Are the World"-type effort featuring Livingston Taylor, Jonathan Edwards, Jon Pousette-Dart, Dr. Hook (of Medicine Show fame), ex-Orleans singer/guitarist John Hall and former J. Geils Band frontman Peter Wolf performing a take on the mid-70s War hit "Why Can't We Be Friends."
Old March 24, 2001, 04:39 PM   #5
AmericaFirst

No more AMISH COUNTRY vacations for me

Since I see the Mennonites and Brethern are on the former NCBH board. All these TAX EXEMPT groups who do not have to file any disclosure forms at all getting a FREE RIDE off the taxpayers backs and then working to rape the Bill of Rights.
Old March 24, 2001, 05:41 PM   #6
Elizabeth Petersen

Papercut

Thanks. I see lists of anti-RKBA merchants, but usually no explanation as to WHY they are on the list. I'm one of those cynical "Yeah, so PROVE it" people. I won't boycott a company until I know their stance, and why. Your link was very helpful in this.

But...

LEVI'S??? Say it ain't so....

SIGH...

Now that hurts.

Vulnus pectoris sugens ne properetis mos naturae dicendi est

Ask me about my Hemingway Death Wish. I dare you.
Old March 24, 2001, 05:58 PM   #7
2shots

Elizabeth, Levi Straus, based in San Francisco, not only is anti-gun but also was in the forefront to disenfranchise the Boy Scouts after the supreme court ruled against gay troop leaders.
Old March 25, 2001, 09:11 AM   #8
papercut

Sorry to break your heart....

...Elizabeth, but yes, Levi's is on the list. Among other things, they sponsor their "Denim Wall" website http://www.levismusic.com/dangelo/de...denimwall.html which says what they want to do regarding guns, including really intelligent things such as, "Nationwide laws to eliminate illegal gun trafficking and keep guns out of the hands of criminals."

Um....if "gun trafficking" is "illegal" then doesn't that mean that there are already "laws to eliminate" it....?

And the last time I checked, there were also a few dozen laws to "keep guns out of the hands of criminals."

Exactly *what* new laws do they want, hmmm?

I stopped buying Levi's a while back. Wrangler has filled that need very well.

I'm like you--I want to know the reason why I'm boycotting a business, and I want others to know why so they can make their own decision. If you have any more that should be added, let me know!

AmericaFirst: Except for AT&T and Paul Newman, I think all of the companies that you boycott are on my list. Can you give me any details about those two?