The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old July 29, 2000, 08:54 AM   #26
jimmy

Rep. Blague seems to have no qualms about proposing nonsense like this on the taxpayer's time. He is unworthy to serve as a U.S. Congressman. However, he is quite worthy to be Schumer's successor as House point man for every hysterical, demagogic, ignorant, anti-gun absurdity to be dreamt up by some zealot and foisted upon the public through the connivance of self-serving politicians and their pals in the media.

Blague ought to docked for the time he spends acting out this farce.
Old July 29, 2000, 10:23 AM   #27
Solitar

The above photo is of a .25 caliber Raven - similar to a "Model MP-25, Cal - 25 auto, Made in USA, Raven Arms, Industry, Calif." which weighs in at 15 ounces and smokestacks with about one out of five rounds with cheap american ammo. Perhaps Fiocchi or Sellier & Bellot would work better.
Old July 29, 2000, 01:23 PM   #28
PreserveFreedom

I was thinking about this thread today on the way home from work and I had a vision. If this bill were to pass into law, can you imagine how many of us would carry a nice brand new pair of 44 Magnum derringers in our front pockets? Count me in!

Old July 29, 2000, 03:33 PM   #29
alan

Known to whom as "pocket rickets". If the idiot who sponsored this proposal, one of Chicago's "finest" cannot even properly define or describe what it is that he wants to do something about, perhaps he aught to go back to kindergarten or even "pre-school".

The really annoying thing about this is that this is a clown being paid $145,000/year, plus benefits, a whole lot of benefits.

By the way, this proposal IS NOT AN URBAN LEGEND, see Thomas LOC

[This message has been edited by alan (edited July 29, 2000).]
Old July 29, 2000, 09:11 PM   #30
dZ

if they could pass this BS, guess what?

it would dang near end concealed carry
Old July 29, 2000, 09:47 PM   #31
BlasterMaster

If they eliminate my pocket rocket I'll sue them for assault and defamation!
Old July 29, 2000, 11:28 PM   #32
Hard Ball

Good Guy: It's a mini pocket rocket chambered for the incredibly lethal .25ACP cartridge!
Old July 31, 2000, 03:01 PM   #33
Mikul

They want to ban ALL H&K USP's?! Have they seen how large the full-size .45 is? Let's make the police and military the first to give them up. After all, why do they need highly concealable firearms?
Old July 31, 2000, 03:15 PM   #34
AndABeer

Ironic that it was anti's themselves that sparked the boom in "highly concealable" weapons with the full capacity magazine ban business. Seems like until that point people wanted full sized weapons with full sized mags. Then the ban came along and it was just silly to have a those attenuated mags, so lets chop the grip and make it more concealable. I hope we can all keep on top of this and see it go away or at least be tabled until after the elections and lame duck period. VOTE DAMMIT!!!
Old August 1, 2000, 01:16 PM   #35
old hawk

actually my little raven eats just about everything remington and winch. ammo being the norm here,1000 rds exactly to date and not one jam or stovepipe yet,BUT i have also made a modification to the safety opening the holes for the detent ball and filing the lift stubs on the back of the safety so it now makes an audible klik when shifting from safe to fire to safe,as an experiment i unloaded it and carried it in a number of ways including back pocket for the last month, the safety has yet to have moved into fire or safe depending on where its set.also i polished the feed ramp,i also graphite greased the slide and spring making it more slick feeling when racking it.usual everyday backup piece for those its too big to wear into places stoked with 2 glasers ,2 hollow points and finally 2 hardballs,they aint all that bad at all for a pocket piece.i still miss my little junior tho but she was worn and all shot out bad to the point of pathetic.
Old August 1, 2000, 05:43 PM   #36
MountainGun44

Legal concealed carry has driven the market for "pocket rockets".

What a joke.
Old August 1, 2000, 06:00 PM   #37
Mal H
Staff

This one is well over 100K. Time for part 2...
Closed Thread