The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 29, 2024, 03:44 PM   #1
Prof Young

Need laser advice

Forum Followers:

My wife recently completed her CC training. I got her a Sig 365 that is chambered in 380. In practice, she was having a hard time passing the shooting part of her CC training. To make do I had her shoot the Walter 22 for the real test and she did better than some of the young guys. In the meantime, I let her try my Beretta PX4 storm just to see how she did with a gun outfitted with a laser. She did well. She has an eye issue that makes it hard for her to focus on sights and targets. So, the clear solution is to get her a laser for her Sig. The 365 has a rail picatinny underneath. The storm has a Laser Max Spartan on it but it does not fit well on the 365. So, all that to get to my question . . .

I need recommendations for a laser to go on a Sig 365 . . . talk to me.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old April 30, 2024, 03:48 AM   #2
georgehwbush

https://www.sigsauer.com/lima365.html
Old April 30, 2024, 10:17 AM   #3
OPC

Similar to the LIMA365 linked above, the Crimson Trace Laserguard 422 is grip-button activated, but also has a physical On/Off switch - but more expensive. Same 1/3N battery and ~5mW power.

My wife has a CT laserguard on her S&W 380 EZ for a couple of years now. She really likes it and the ability to just turn it off for cleaning, iron-sight practice, and transport (to/from the range in a range bag). It did take some practice for her to consistently grip for activation.

Since you mention CC: do not forget to verify your preferred holster brand has a model that accommodates the laser model you like.
Old May 4, 2024, 08:52 PM   #4
Prof Young

Well . . .

Given that the sig model and the crimson trace model look almost identical and there is a 200 buck price difference, I've order the sig model.

Will let you know how it goes.

Life is good.

Prof Young