The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old October 28, 2004, 01:23 PM   #1
aocasio

Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland Scares Me

hris Van Hollen is scary person. Someone who agrees with statements like this one: "If it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq, we would not be doing this. The leaders of the Jewish community are influential enough that they could change the direction of where this is going, and I think they should",Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA); shouldn't be representing me.

This man acts like a thug and has ordered his campaign staff to tear down the signs of his Republican opponent, Chuck Floyd. These tactics are reminiscent of a past many of our parents and grandparents lived first-hand.

This man is scares me. Chuck Floyd is his opponent and I'm voting for him. I urge you to check out his website www.floydforcongress.com and read all about the incumbent. It's time to send him packing!
Old October 28, 2004, 02:50 PM   #2
moa

Van Holen is about as anti-RKBA as you can get. He represents my district. I do not think a Republican has a chance of beating him in this district. I see that the NRA did not endorse Floyd. I wonder why?

Vote Pipkin for US Senate. Endorsed by NRA and other pro-RKBA groups in MD.
Old October 28, 2004, 08:48 PM   #3
Mike in VA

You should be scared of Van Hollen - he's quite the little liberal crypto-Nazi and very anti-RKBA. He ousted Connie Morella, a RINO last time around, showing you how badly that district is going down the toilet. I sincerely hope you all can cut his political career short, but it's not how I'd bet . . . My deepest sympathies and best wishes for a timely escape for y'all.

Though I live in VA (I grew up in Bethesda), I pay attention to MD politics because we own some property in S. MD, but the way things are going in "the Free State", it's real unlikely we'll be retiring there.