The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 25, 2012, 10:33 PM   #1
gregdry

How Do You Carry Your XDS???

Just curious, those of you who have the new Springfield XDS, how are you carrying it? And what good/bad have you found about different methods? Pocket? IWB? Which have you settled on? I got one two weeks ago and, so far, have only pocket carried - and plan to continue to do so. Granted, it's a bit larger than my PM40, but not too much. And even still, you're carrying what many would say is the "ultimate" man stopper - a big ole .45! So, how 'bout it, guys? What's your thoughts? Here's a couple o pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XDS1.jpg (206.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg XDS3.jpg (189.4 KB, 32 views)
Old December 26, 2012, 12:15 AM   #2
HKFan9

When I first got it, I actually used the cheap holster that comes with it. I must say I don't carry OWB often but I found the factory holster pretty comfortable and easily hide-able. Its winter in PA so I generally have a jacket, pull over fleece, or a hoodie on.

I picked up a super thin Galco leather IWB holster that was meant for a Glock 26 and it fits the XDS perfectly. The only problem I have with it is it rides a little deep to get a full purchase on the grip when drawing unless I cant the gun and holster slightly forward. Other issue I have is since its a super thin flimsy leather, it does not allow for re-holstering.

Eventually I am going to order a nice IWB and OWB kydex holsters for it.

PS... I carry at about the 4-5 O'clock