The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 13, 2007, 09:35 PM   #1
shotokan99

has anyone tried or used armscor .38 cal m206

im eyeing for this gun..to those who have tried this piece pls post ur comment/opinions.

tnx
Old November 14, 2007, 12:12 PM   #2
mordis

I dont have experiance with that particular armscor, but i do own a armcor .357mag with a 4" barrel. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THE BABY KITTENS DO NOT BUY THAT GUN.

The biggest problem i had with my armscor, was the cylnders were not correctly sized and all six of them were not machined striaght, they had a weird angle twords the middle. Only reason i found out i had a problem was i having extraction problems. the bullets would get stuck and would be real hard to pull out.

The barrel meausured .309. So, my father inlaw measured the barrel and found it was really small. so we shot a lead bullet from it into some news papers, and it was squished like a grape, not crushed from the impact(we were using very hard cast bullets).

Im not sure what the cylnders measured, you could insert the bullets easy enough, but i doubt it was any were near the correct size.

Even tho it was rated for .357mag, i was only shooting .38specials out of it the whole time. Right now i have custom made shot shells made up for it, its not relegated to dispatching coons caught in the live traps.

Please get a taurus or rossi, there bounds and leaps better then armcor.
Old November 14, 2007, 08:19 PM   #3
shotokan99

really?! that was learning things the hardway. well i thought it was good because somehow it has a good reputation with their 1911 models. but i just check their website, i dont see any revolver chambered in 357. they only have 3 and all are chambered in 38.

when did you purchased that?
Old November 15, 2007, 07:29 PM   #4
mordis

about 7 years ago.
Old November 15, 2007, 10:51 PM   #5
shotokan99

well that could be possible...however armscor now gained very good reputation now on their firearms, esp 1911. but of course , compared to other brands such as colt, glock, IMHO you can say underdog. so are you still using your revo now?
Old November 17, 2007, 02:37 PM   #6
mordis

NOt really, I gave it to my father in law who custom makes shot shells for it. He uses it for Pest management.