The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 7, 2024, 04:05 PM   #1
1972RedNeck

TH10 Decocker only

Have been looking at the Taurus TH10 for a couple months. Does anyone know if it is possible to convert them to decocker only?
Old May 8, 2024, 10:57 AM   #2
wild cat mccane

it would require a new safety that Taurus doesn't offer. Was never an option on the predecessor taurus 24/7 or Millennial that this is based on just with a hammer.

Super glue to limit movement to only decock position.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:46 PM   #3
Mosin44az

I don’t get this. The Taurus safety has a decocker, and can also operate for cocked and locked carry. Best of both worlds in my view.

Are you afraid of flicking the safety on by accident? Have you tested how easy or difficult that would be on this model?
Old May 9, 2024, 10:42 AM   #4
wild cat mccane

So I wouldn't buy. I like the TH series as being similar featured as an HK USP controlled gun. That's about it though.

The TH series has a false reset. If you google it video it, you'll see it. I hate that. But I also have grown to absolutely hate taurus with MANY guns bought from them since my first Millennium that started the G series today. (24/7, Mill, Mill Pro (9 and 40), TCP, 709, 92, GX4, and many of their revolvers. Not one has stuck around for me. I want them to, but they just don't.

The OP is concerned about that it's a two stage safety. One click down, decock, further pull on the same lever and it's safety on.

I for one like my SA/DA decocker only. So I get it. But no, I don't think there was a "fix" on the Taurus 24/7 that I had that was safety/decocker combo, so I wouldn't imagine there is a "fix" to make it decock only on the TH series.