The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 2, 2024, 04:11 PM   #1
rickyrick

Need a couple of recommendations

First I’m looking for trouser suspenders that are not as stretchy as the Dickies brand suspenders that I’m using. I carry all day under a work shirt.

Next item is a good game processing set of knives and such that won’t break the bank.

Thank you
Old May 4, 2024, 09:29 AM   #2
taylorce1

Knives for processing I'd look at Cutco brand. You'll spend over $100 per knife, but they'll last you a lifetime and then some. You'll use them for more than just game processing. You just need to get the Butcher, Boning, Fillet knives, and a good steel to break down any game animal.

I have a friend who runs his own processing locker plant. He just uses commercial grade knives from a butcher supplier. However, he goes through a few knives every year as he usually has more work than he can handle.

However, if Cutco is still to expensive, you can always buy an Outdoor Edge game processing kit.

I can't help you with suspenders.
Old May 4, 2024, 11:01 AM   #3
Big Wes

Check out Perry Suspenders.com $15.00 I use them every day great suspenders IMHO! They hook onto your belt, no snap clips.

Last edited by Big Wes; May 4, 2024 at 11:09 AM.
Old May 6, 2024, 01:34 PM   #4
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR
First I’m looking for trouser suspenders that are not as stretchy as the Dickies brand suspenders that I’m using.
The suspenders I wear to work only have elastic in the short part of the back. The rest is nonelastic fabric, so they can be adjusted in a way that keeps your trousers at the correct height, but not giving you a wedgie.

https://www.amazon.com/Suspender-Men...0&sr=8-20&th=1
Old May 7, 2024, 06:55 AM   #5
Nathan

Dexter-Russell has worked well for processing knives. They make all types. I find the smaller ones to be generally better. They clean up well and stay reasonably sharp through 1-3 animals.