The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 26, 2009, 02:16 PM   #1
bprevolver

Goodbye to Navy Arms Percussion Revolvers

I don’t know whether anyone else has noticed but lately there have been many very collectable percussion revolvers on the auction sights. This is probably because of the current “recession”. There are several NIB Navy Arms which is no longer in the percussion revolver business. These are most definitely destined to become collectable because there are more than one market for these guns; the shooters, the Navy Arms collectors, and the percussion revolver collectors. There are many Navy Arms productions that are already valuable.

In reviewing the early Navy Arms productions I have been reminded of some of the very rare varieties they have offered for sale. There are some of these that in fifteen years of research I have never seen.

1. Paterson revolvers with 6” and 12” barrels made by Uberti without loading lever
2. 1860 Army Target Model with full length rib on top of barrel
3. 1861 Navy Target Model with full length rib on top of barrel
4. Engraved models – Navy Arms has offered a few of their revolvers with “A”, “B”, & “C” level of engraving. RPRCA has only one of these with “B” engraving on a Remington New Model Army.

If you have or seen any of these please post or contact me direct.
Old April 26, 2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Tom2

When I was into the replicas more so than now, I had only two criteria, the replicas sold by Colt were presumably the best, but mostly priced beyond my means, then it was whatever brand or gun was the best fit finish and looking, with authenticity being fairly important. SO I have owned Uberti and ASM that were equally of high quality fit and finish, I was hand picking the guns. QC and fit was seemingly variable on some of the guns. In some cases minor flaws could be fixed, if parts were oversized, like grips or grip frame etc. IF undersized and a notable gap was there, I would pass.
Old April 26, 2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Indian Outlaw

I am saddened to hear this. This explains why everytime I emailed them to inquire about a BP gun, their answer was, "We no longer stock that model."