The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 1, 2006, 05:09 PM   #76
spacemanspiff

i dont think he claimed to be the owner, just a fan. unless that person is different than i am thinking of. i was going to contact the company MPA to alert them to what the fan was saying while using their company name, but as soon as i saw their website and the links on it, i could tell they wouldnt care what that guy was doing.
Old February 1, 2006, 05:58 PM   #77
Te Anau

Quote:
i dont think he claimed to be the owner, just a fan.
+1 on that
Quote:
but as soon as i saw their website and the links on it, i could tell they wouldnt care what that guy was doing.

Quote:
You would be better off with a regular 9mm pistol that has 30 round magazines. They will be a heck more accurate.
Thats not the point! I have 30 round ammunition feeding devices for my Hi-Powers and although they are neat,no one steps aside in awe when you enter the range like they do when youre toting a MPA-BA.
Old February 1, 2006, 06:06 PM   #78
Willy T

Te Anau....You weren't looking for approval were you? From your posts I think you should definately get one. Hell get one for each hand and have fun!! I personally dont see a need for the respected ARs in my brand of shooting but thats just me.
Old February 1, 2006, 06:08 PM   #79
spacemanspiff

oh please, te anua.... dont roll your eyes. you know just as well as i do that Masterpiecearms is catering solely to the keyboard commando militia-wannabe types.

edit - looks likes its time for another Poll!
Old February 1, 2006, 06:17 PM   #80
TexasSIGMan

Quote:
i dont think he claimed to be the owner, just a fan. unless that person is different than i am thinking of
No, it's probably the same guy. Real wackjob.

Apparantly the company attracts that......kind of attention.
Old February 1, 2006, 06:54 PM   #81
glock19er

junk

is that the handgun 2 pac and biggie smalls had in the hood.better off carring a good defense knife than a sheet metal brick under your fubu clothes
Old February 1, 2006, 06:59 PM   #82
Jart

Quote:
no one steps aside in awe when you enter the range ...
Are you sure it was "awe" and not something else?

Old February 1, 2006, 08:46 PM   #83
BAD_KARMA

When I see someone pull out one of those Ingram clones at the range I step back alright. Not in awe, I just like to watch them shoot 30 shots and get giddy when they put 2 on the paper.
Old February 1, 2006, 09:13 PM   #84
FirstFreedom

Quote:
But it'll all pale when I and my co-conspirator bring that semi-auto M-134 minigun to market.

We're even going to have a CHL version employing the "hide in plain sight" theory: A full-length green plastic flash hider on the mini-gun combined with a school-yard friendly generator-backpack (no woosy batteries here!) will allow the thing to pass as a LEAF-BLOWER. All you'll have to do is dress like you're doing your garden work and it should pass nearly anywhere.
*Snort*

Quote:
Best of all, in its full-on Jesse Ventura Predator wannabe mode, you'll be able to get the range babes to "pull on my starter back there, honey" to fire up the generator. We'll get the backpack-to-minigun power connector looking like a Dillon ammo chute and maybe rig some butane to the five dummy barrels.
*Snickle*

Quote:
And best of all, it has a 4400 round clip. A little extra weight won't trouble the real men that it would take to tote this bad boy.
*Chortle*

Quote:
It'll send the meanest, baddest mac10 wannabes running into the corner, screaming like school girls only to piddle themselves and whimper uncontrollably.
*Bwaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!*
Old February 1, 2006, 09:31 PM   #85
kozak6

Well, I don't know.

I think one of the full size versions in 7.62x25 with the 10" barrel would be quite cool. That is, if they made one.
Old February 2, 2006, 12:54 PM   #86
Te Anau

Quote:
dont roll your eyes. you know just as well as i do that Masterpiecearms is catering solely to the keyboard commando militia-wannabe types.

Why does this gun (or any gun for that matter) have to have a purpose for being owned? Why cant someone merely have fun shooting it regardless of what it is? Its like telling someone who just bought a new Corvette that hes a fool for not buying something thats more practical like a mini-van or pickup truck.
Quote:
Not in awe, I just like to watch them shoot 30 shots and get giddy when they put 2 on the paper.
That person is either a real bad shot or not shooting a Masterpiece Arms.
Old February 2, 2006, 01:21 PM   #87
Jart

Te, I would ordinarily be in complete agreement with you. Further, nothing on most of MPA's web site would be difficult to defend. They don't have, for the most part, the type of marketing that let nonsense like IsaacVSOG happen.

But I implore you, if you have any influence with that firm at all, get them to lose "Movie 2" for both products.

Why, in the name of all that is holy, would anyone put up a clip* of what looks for all the world like a "drive-by"???

We've got a "protection of lawful commerce" barrier erected since the SOG thing, but that's no reason to repeatedly climb the zoo fence to kick the bear in the nads.

*clip: small movie.
Old February 2, 2006, 07:19 PM   #88
shecky

Quote:
Why, in the name of all that is holy, would anyone put up a clip* of what looks for all the world like a "drive-by"???
Maybe they know their market pretty well.

I agree with Te Anau. There's no reason to justify this gun. If it sells, that's justification enough.
Old February 3, 2006, 11:57 AM   #89
Te Anau

Quote:
But I implore you, if you have any influence with that firm at all, get them to lose "Movie 2" for both products.
Trust me I dont.
Old June 16, 2006, 11:13 PM   #90
Luckystrike45acp

I own one of the MPA pistols in 45 (obviously ) and with the 10" barrel the accuracy is fairly good. The trigger needs a dissconnect to stop the kickback but it is useable in the stock config.

I turned mine into a carbine with a 6 position stock and 16" barrel. It was the only way i could think of to get a 45acp carbine that took high cap mags. Heavy as it is its rather well balanced. I like it because it is dirt simple in the internals and the bolt is built like a tank. Even with 45acp recoil is almost non existant. As a pistol its use is pretty much limited to range plinking. In the carbine form its lends itself quite well to the HD role. Grease gun mags are pretty easy to find, and 30 rounds of 45 out of a 10" tube is nothing to sneer at.

They're not for everyone but they can fill a certain part of a collection.
Old June 17, 2006, 12:53 AM   #91
Socrates

Well, I remember using one to hunt for a murderer in the Santa Cruz woods. Easy to carry, and, minute of bad guy accurate. Did I mention it easily fit in a backpack, with no questions asked.

I hated the Cobray closed bolt 9mm, and, the 45 was a bit heavy.
The .380 version was much lighter, with the cobray shoulder rig, was concealable, sort of, and could spray a lot of bullets quickly.

The 45 acp made a nice home defense gun, but, wouldn't feed anything but ball. However, you did have 32 shots, which was nice.

Frankly, without the class 3 toys, silencers, extending stocks, and full auto bolts, I don't see much appeal. Not a gun that's fun to shoot at the range. I do remember shooting it in the woods, and, with a great big flash suppressor, you could see your bullet zip out, go through an 9 inch tree, or sapling, and keep trucking.

The main appeal of the open bolt models is you could easily clean the weapon, you could take it under water, shake it out, and use it. In other words, it was a very simple durable, full auto machine gun, for about 300 bucks. Perfect for seals, or others doing close quarters combat work, with military ammuntion. You could match the 45 version with your Sig Sauer carry piece, and have ammo for either avaliable. For survivalists, you could have the gun, stash the silencer parts, and the machine gun bolt, and, if the stuff ever hit the fan, have a silenced full auto machine gun for survivalist type stuff.

Perhaps the best reason to own one is the same logic that people used for .44 mags, Walther PPKS, or others. A movie star you liked had one, like in Three Days of the Condor, and you just had to have one...

Frankly, the fear of 10 years, and what was the fine, 100,000 dollars, for being caught with a silenced, full auto weapon sort of took the fun out of having that kind of stuff.

s
Old June 17, 2006, 04:09 AM   #92
Heist

Someone could clean up selling those for around $500 each in the projects, because they "look" bad and with a hyped up story similar to HiPoints being made out of the same machines as Glocks and being exactly the same quality just shaped different...

I assume these little pieces of crap cost $600+ though.
Old June 17, 2006, 09:32 AM   #93
Rainbow Six

I'm about 10 minutes from their place... and thought about going by there to check them out... until I watched the videos and really checked out the site. Now I have no desire to be associated with them in any way. I'd be embarassed to have my vehicle seen in front of their shop.
Old June 17, 2006, 09:55 AM   #94
whitebb

I agree with Rainbow Six. I just watched the movie, OOOOOOOH YEAAAAAH! What a joke. How can I take this company seriously? They seem to kill alot of trees! No showing the accuracy with targets etc. I guess going bang everytime the trigger is pulled is good enough. Carrolton isn't really all that far from Fulton County. (City of Atlanta)
Old June 17, 2006, 10:18 AM   #95
Te Anau

I forgot how awesome this thread (and the MPA line) is.As said above,the bolt is built like a tank.Awesome is as awesome does!
Old June 17, 2006, 10:46 AM   #96
ride-a-aug

Let see do I sell my HK SP-89 or one of my Steyr SPP for a MPA?
I DON'T THINK SO.....
Old June 17, 2006, 04:54 PM   #97
bobhwry

My wife's hairdryer looks better than that and it comes with a cord.Using the word "masterpiece" in conjunction with that gun is a real oxymoron!!!
Old June 17, 2006, 09:18 PM   #98
Te Anau

Quote:
Let see do I sell my HK SP-89 or one of my Steyr SPP for a MPA?
Well,theyre both pretty scary to look at so Id say get rid of either one and step up to a MPA shootin machine.
Old June 17, 2006, 09:46 PM   #99
Rainbow Six

I think we're just feeding the troll here...
Old June 17, 2006, 10:03 PM   #100
contender6030

The homies in downtown just love these things!!! Master piece of $heeaaattttt!
Closed Thread