The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 3, 2010, 08:18 AM   #51
FALPhil

<tagged>
Old January 3, 2010, 02:15 PM   #52
whoiswes

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, and have a thread open asking for pretty much the same thing.

I evaluated (in the hand/dry firing) the following:

CZ P01
CZ P07
Walther P99
H&K P30
Beretta CX4
FNP-9
Sig Pro 2022
S&W M&P 9

Of all of the guns listed, I'm 99.5% sure I'm going to get the M&P (which wasn't on my original list). Why?

Lifetime warranty with paid shipping both ways
Cheaper mags
DIY trigger job or drop an aftermarket sear in for $30
Best ergonomics FOR ME (save for the H&K, but $60 mags and twice the initial price = no go, I'm too cheap)

If you had your heart set on the H&K, I found one for ~ $740 from Larry's Pistol and Pawn (not affiliated with them, just found this and figured I'd pass it along as it's the best deal I've found by over $100) -> http://www.pistolandpawn.com/

I'm excited to see the new FNX come out as the horrid decocker has been redesigned...if not for that decocker the FNP-9 would have been my next choice.

Anyways, my $0.02.
Old January 8, 2010, 09:25 PM   #53
T2490jh

P99 Trigger is the best I've shot

I had my heart set on the P226 in 9mm. I just shot the P99 and M&P full size 9mm. Shot the Walther and M&P along with my p30. Here is my comparison.
I liked the M&P. Nice feel, fair sights, and decent trigger. While I shot the 45 ACP M&P, I did not like it. I did like the 9mm.

The P99 was extremely accurate. Great feel, decent sights, and an incredible trigger. For comparison purposes , the P30 has an incredible feel, sight line is better the the others (if not discussing the night sight issue), and the trigger is not as good as the others out of the box. However, I have shot 300 rounds through mine and the groupings just get better and better. However, for a striker pistol, the M&P is very good, the P99 is great.

I agree with Wolfman's comments 100%; no, 110%.

Tags
walther p99