The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 31, 2007, 11:44 AM   #1
onesiphorus

Plastic CZ RAMI?

Has anyone fired the new polymer CZ Rami? What's your opinion? Especially if you can compare it to the steel RAMI.
Old July 31, 2007, 05:19 PM   #2
kymasabe

I had one briefly, ran 200 rounds thru it, was 100%/flawless right out of the box. Very reliable and surprisingly accurate. I was not happy with how little stippling/texture there was on the grips, could have used more and once your hand starts to sweat, the gun moves around a bit. The alloy Rami has replacable grip panels that can fix that problem, the Rami-P does not. Also, grip angle was very 1911-ish and the gun just didn't point naturally for me.
Oh, almost forgot, I like guns with decockers or decocking safeties. The Rami does not decock. The instruction said in order to decock the gun, to hold the hammer between thumb and forefinger, fully pull the trigger and slowly lower the hammer, then release trigger. Seemed like an accidental discharge waiting to happen. I carry safety off in DA mode, not cocked-n-locked like the Rami is capable of.
So, sold the Rami-P and bought a S&W 6904 instead.
Old August 2, 2007, 05:06 PM   #3
onesiphorus

Thanks for the info. I like 1911's alot so maybe it would work for me.
Old August 3, 2007, 05:19 PM   #4
kymasabe

One last complaint...that there may be a fix for, I never explored the CZ forums to find out...
...the mag rattled ( the 10 rounder) when full. Not something I'm looking for in a carry gun. I'd have to load with two less than capacity to keep the mag quiet.