The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 21, 2008, 12:23 PM   #1
VaFisher

Buck rub's & scrapes

Got out yesterday with a good freind and did some scouting. We found some great sign, rub's & scrapes everywhere we looked so we hung a new ladder stand in what looked like one of the better spot's and picked out one more spot to put up the last stand next weekend. Can't wait to get out for the first time this year and maybe we will get to see what's making some of the best sign we have seen this year, tore up some brush up about 5 foot off the ground snaping 7/8 inch branches higher then I have seen before.
Old September 21, 2008, 08:23 PM   #2
BIGR

Sounds like you might be in a great area. Ol Buck will check those scrapes from time to time. I shot a nice 6 point one year that was checking a scrape behind my ladder stand.
Old September 22, 2008, 05:44 AM   #3
VaFisher

Here in VA the rubs & scapes are a great pump up this early. In years past we do lot's better when we find more of this kind of sign early like this year. I don't get to pumped unless it's tore up high like I found Saturday, should at least see a decent buck and may be in close enough for a shot.