The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 3, 2005, 12:32 PM   #1
mirage

Yet another help me decide my ccw thread

I have narrowed it down to either the CZ Rami or the Kahr K9 or k40.
The Kahr is smaller than the CZ by a bit, But I love my CZ40b and the rami is a cut down version.
I would like to hear from those who have shot either.
My range only rents the k40 and I really liked it, but it is worth near double the cost of a rami?
I will leave the 9 vs 40 debate for later.

Thanks
Old September 3, 2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Eric Larsen

Actually its a rough choice. Ill pass on my experience with each one.

Ive had many Kahrs....mainly K40's. A favorite of mine, for the thinness, caliber and quality of the weaon its hard to beat. They are target accurate also. The triggers on Kahrs are very hard to beat for DAO....again , very nice. BTW, you can get a LNIB K40 on www.gunsamerica.com for 400$ any day of the week.......plus transfer $. That should make it easier for you.

The Rami is another fav. My main carry is my 40B..so I have a place in my heart/gunsafe for the little CZ. They are a very nice shooting gun but pretty chunky for the size. The grip is a nice blend of double stack thickness and shortness that works for my hands. Very accurate gun also. The trigger/cond 1 capability is a nice thing if thats what you want in a smaller gun.

For reliability Id say they are sixes.........whichever one fits your trigger style and hand Id get in a heart beat. They are different enough to consider the pros and cons of each....but must be shot to really figure it out.

As a CZ head..you guys can all shoot me or what have you.....Id get the Kahr. Ive never had a smaller gun that shot as well, carried as well and was a joy to shoot for everyone....even my at the time, 6 year old son.

Shoot well.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice......Rush
Old September 3, 2005, 05:31 PM   #3
chris in va

First thing I noticed about the RAMI was how chunky it is. Frankly I don't think it would be very comfortable carrying that sucker with an IWB thick as it is. If the Kahr is similar to my KelTec P11, go with that instead.
Old September 3, 2005, 09:31 PM   #4
S.E.R.T.SGT

Hmm, this is a toughy. But, I think, based on those choices I would probably go with the Kahr for CC. I just purchased the PM9 and it has quickly become one of my favorites for CC.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lighting they
Do not go gently into that good night.

Dylan Thomas

S.E.R.T.SGT
Old September 3, 2005, 10:49 PM   #5
Marcus

As much as I love my CZ 75B and 40P for a one and onlu CCW gun I`d go Kahr. The Rami just doesn`t turn me on for some reason. I really WANTED to like that little guy too. The safety is so flat I wouldn`t want to carry it condition one and although it`s fairly svelt compared to say a Glock 27 it is a little beefy compared to the Kahrs. I also like that the Kahrs have a full 3 finger grip in a small package. FWIW I`d even go one step further and suggest the lighter and even more slim P-9. I carry a P-40 regularly and the combination of power,accuracy,size and comfort is the best I`ve found bar none. Marcus