The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 12, 2009, 03:40 PM   #26
varoadking

OK, since no one else has, I'll say it...

...ya shoulda got a Glock...
Old April 12, 2009, 03:43 PM   #27
chasekerion4

I honestly pondered between the two, extensively. After doing tons of research online and on here, I was 50/50.

Then I took the following into account, which ultimately made the decision for me:

I don't like my women being ugly, so why would I want the gun on my hip to be ugly? The glocks are just hideous..
Old April 12, 2009, 03:52 PM   #28
varoadking

Quote:
The glocks are just hideous..
LOL...yeah, the XD is stunning...LOL

Personally, I'm more concerned with what a piece can do than what it may look like. I had four XD's and sold them all. Not one of them could hold a candle to any of my seven Glocks...

Anyway...hope your's is better than mine were, though it looks like you're off to a rocky start...
Old April 12, 2009, 05:48 PM   #29
chasekerion4

I agree, it's definitely off to a rocky start. However, all kidding aside, I personally preferred the grip safety. That was the deciding factor for me. Not because I feel I MUST have it, but why not have the added security? I don't want to be Lee Paige...

The other reason I chose the XD is that their warranty is in print; and for the life of the gun. While generally, this shouldn't be of big concern, as most manufacturer's are going to take care of their customers, my Ruger took a dump after the first shooting. To date, I've possessed the gun for 3 days, and been without it for 14. After this, there are certain brands I don't see me purchasing, based solely on their warranties and service recommendations from others.
Old April 12, 2009, 06:31 PM   #30
lee n. field

Quote:
That is classic, almost as good as the backwards round in the HK mag or the backwards Aimpoint on the M4 in an Army ad a while back.
With the exception that the XD will work like this.

Quote:
Looks like that gun has polymer sights
XD sights are steel.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old April 13, 2009, 10:52 AM   #31
RT

Send it back and ask them to return it with night sights installed.
Old April 13, 2009, 04:26 PM   #32
chasekerion4

Well,

I took it in to the dealer today and they punched out the sight and put it back in the correct way. It appears to be lined up correctly, but I guess we'll see at the range!

Thanks for everyone's input!
Old April 13, 2009, 04:41 PM   #33
sserdlihc

I would send it back to Springfield. This needs to be brought to their attention so they can see at what point in the quality control process this was missed. They are a good company and should get it rectified quickly.
Old April 13, 2009, 06:05 PM   #34
Don P

Guess sserdlihc should have read the post above his. It states the problem has been resolved.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old April 13, 2009, 06:27 PM   #35
sserdlihc

Quote:
Guess sserdlihc should have read the post above his. It states the problem has been resolved.
I had started posting a response on the thread when I was called away from my desk. Glad to see that you have gotten it resolved. Now lets see a range report.
Old April 14, 2009, 01:03 AM   #36
chilie23

I see possible collector's item....if finances allow just get another one and keep this little "creation"...my 2 cents
Old April 14, 2009, 04:05 AM   #37
beasley

Springfield will take care of you. I'd rather shoot an XD with backward sites than a Glock with normal ones.