The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 19, 2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Lucky Strike

Just impluse bought a Witness Match .45

I learned of the Witness Match a while ago but for some reason the past couple days I really started obsessing over one for my first foray into .45acp.

Budget was under $500 and I really wanted something with a great trigger. The more I read the more obsessed I got.

Was going to wait till the economic stimulus checks came in May and if I still wanted it by then I knew I should buy one, but on the drive home today I completely crumbled as I drove past the gunshop on the way home.....pulled in the parking lot and 5 minutes later put down 50% on a new Witness Match...should be here on Friday.

This will be my first CZ based handgun...currently own two Ruger revolvers (single six & GP100) and an XD9sc for CCW. Any tips/things to keep an eye on for a new Witness owner?

Am also wanting a used Ruger Redhawk (which also runs $499) and walking into the store I told myself whichever they have I'm going to buy. They had the witness at their other store that they could get by Friday but no used Redhawks.....luckily they didn't have both, that woulda made for a tough decision. As it is the Redhawk will have to wait till the Fall (at least that's the plan) before being purchased.
Old March 19, 2008, 08:22 PM   #2
B.N.Real

Nice gun.

Match pistol.

Read alot of great things about it.
Old March 19, 2008, 11:57 PM   #3
Craig M. Arnold

Witness Elite Match 45acp

One of the best pistols you can buy for $500.00. More accurate than guns costing 4 or 5 times as much.

I love mine.

Best regards.

Old March 20, 2008, 01:37 PM   #4
rblack

As Craig said, mine is also very accurate and just a pleasure to shoot. I enjoy it more every time out.
Old March 20, 2008, 07:08 PM   #5
AutoPistola

Beautiful!

I'm a little jealous, so I've got to get an SA trigger and special hammer so mine looks more custom.
Old March 20, 2008, 08:19 PM   #6
schmeky

Lucky,

I recently bought a Witness Elite Match .45 after much consideration & deliberation. You made a good choice. These guns need nothing out of the box, which can be a significant savings down the road.

The trigger on mine breaks like glass. Accuracy is excellent as well.