The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 24, 2006, 02:19 AM   #1
big jon

sas beretta 45 colt stamp-poop

i got my beretta back today, i sent the first one back it was shooting off the paper at 25 yards? it went to bolsa gunsmithing a beretta factory repair center.they had it for 3 weeks come to find out they were waiting for a barrel that beretta wasnt going to send?i ask bolsa to send it to beretta they did and i was told ied have to waite another couple weeks to find out what was going to happen, well they ended up sending me a new one.they sent it to bolsa for reregestation so some 400 miles and a hundred dollars later,look what happened at the range
Old May 24, 2006, 05:48 AM   #2
Hal

Pretty sad.

What load were you using?
Old May 24, 2006, 11:19 PM   #3
nemesis

All groups are impacting low and left. It's common and it's not the gun. Sorry.

I wish I had a nickel for everyone that came off the firing line and wanted their sights adjusted as "the sights are off". They're not. Very few guns will fail to hit the POA when shot properly. The presumption that all the engineers at all the manufacturers are so stupid that the guns won't hit the aimed target is pretty far fetched.

Learning proper trigger control will correct the problem. Sorry. Nobody wants to hear that. Press the trigger straight back and stop pulling it down. It will hit where it's aimed.

Drifting the rear sights to the right and installing a lower front sight will allow you to hit the POA but that's just a crutch. Work on that trigger control and you will see all guns in a different light.
Old May 25, 2006, 01:30 AM   #4
big jon

begg to differ

iam a hole for hole shooter, i can and always do shoot 50 or so rounds in the same hole with every pistol i own out to 25 yards,i was a NRA pistol instructor range master for 4 police depts,shot bianchi cup,california speed plate,it was not usual for me to shoot 500 to 1500 rounds a day when compeating.i know its the gun,just the fact that beretta and bolsa gunsmithing agreed that the gun was off should be enoughf for you? i just wanted to share te problems ive been having so anyone conserdering a beretta would have a heads up, the customer service form beretta has been great i got my replacment 45 in just a couple days,and i will let you all know how they deal with the second gun that cant shoot.....
Old May 25, 2006, 12:31 PM   #5
big jon

wt heck?

i just spoke with a jackie from beretta customer service,she said that my first gun did shoot 10in low and 4in to the left HOWEVER THAT FELL INTO BERETTA SPECTS?she said the only reason i got a new gun is that they messed up the blueing? and if i send the 2ed guy they will probly send it back because its not as bad as the first one? WOW what a ripoff icant beleve my ears? now what, iam going to try to get to speek with a supervisor just as soon as i cool down...