The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 14, 2000, 05:01 PM   #26
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Pierre, that was my first choice, but puller dies are rarer than Democrat brains around here.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson
Old January 14, 2000, 06:36 PM   #27
M1A1John

Ditto on the rare dies, I have never seen them at any of the retail stores, I have a old RCBS kinetic puller that has to be 20+ years old and it still works, one smack at a time.
Old January 15, 2000, 09:52 PM   #28
Duane S

Can I reply yet? Oh good, finaly after two weeks or so trying.
The Kinetic puller scares me, after having a primer go off on me. Thankfuly I was popping out a powder-free cartridge. Although in the past I have used it to remove charged bullets that I had set too deep, never again.
Old January 26, 2000, 11:50 AM   #29
rlgarman

I have a puller that I got from Midway, I haven't had to use it much because I am good and careful. I have banged it on about every surface close to the reloading room. Concrete doesn't work at all for me. I finally read the instuctions and they suggeted whacking the end of a board, not the side. This works with no more than 3 whacks, unless the board is really soft pine. The end of a 4x4 works best for me.