The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old September 21, 2006, 06:08 PM   #1
azredhawk44

Need advice on grip for Ruger Redhawk

Who makes the grip I want?

I shot my Redhawk for about a year with the stock factory grip. Decided it was too small.

After the replacement knuckle surgery (just kidding), I ordered a Hogue hardwood monogrip.

I've shot the Hogue for about 6-8 months now, and I've finally decided it's a bit too big, but other than that is very nice.

I like the finger grooves, but think I only want one groove on top for the middle finger, other than that I want a grooveless grip.

The hogue seems a bit too thick around the top just behind the hammer. My grip on the gun varies when shooting SA. This ends up actually making me LESS accurate than when I shoot DA and have a consistent grip.

The hogue fills in a bit of that area between the trigger guard and the grip that can cause knuckle crunch, but as a result makes cocking with my shooting hand more difficult since it increases distance to the hammer.

So... I think I need a grip that is as thin as the stock Ruger grip, but fills in the area directly behind the trigger guard, at least enough so the recoil doesn't slam the thing into my middle knuckle. I can go either way on the finger grooves.

Who makes the grip I want?