The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old March 11, 2012, 02:39 PM   #1
colostomyclown

CANNOT see the dot moving on the glass...

I'm having an issue, now with an Eotech XPS 2-0, before with a Vortex SPARC. When making windage adjustments and trying to "put the dot on top of the front sight post" for a co witness, the dot DOES NOT move! Is this two defective sights or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I do have prescription eyeglasses and astigmatism but I'm wearing them during the process and have a pretty good cheekweld, front post cenetered in rear apeture while making the adjustments, still nothing.... I am frustrated with this, please help. Thanks
Old March 11, 2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Father Time

My EoTech hasen't ever lost its zero so its been a while since I've adjusted it but.... I belive the adjustments are .5 MOA per click. So it might be hard to notice.
Old March 11, 2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Mike38

I don’t think you will see a dot move. Think of it this way. One minute of angle is just over an inch at 100 yards. To move the dot at the site one MOA, it would be just a couple thousandths of an inch.

Here’s a good article on iron sights / red dot sights and co-witnessing.

http://762precision.wordpress.com/ar...ight-red-dots/

Note these two quotes:

“The iron sights are not zeroed to the dot, and the dot is not zeroed to the iron sights.”

“Remember that, depending on the shooter and the sight, even if everything is set up correctly, the two systems may not seem to line up exactly when both are zeroed.”