The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 22, 2002, 09:09 AM   #1
David Scott

Sarasota, FL info

I have a job interview in Sarasota, FL tomorrow. It's 177 miles away from here. Any Sarasota locals with tips on places to shoot, good gun shops, etc. please chime in.

I hope to he11 I get it, I've been out of work for a year now.
"As I looked at my two young sons, each with his gun, and considered how much the safety of the party depended on these little fellows, I felt grateful to you, dear husband, for having acquainted them in childhood with the use of firearms."

-- Elisabeth Robinson, in The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Old July 22, 2002, 08:40 PM   #2
ATTICUS

I used to live in Sarasota about 15 years ago. I was more into running around all night chasing two legged bikini clad game back then, so I didn't shoot much. A friend of mine still lives there and belongs to a conservation club just SE of town. Sounds pretty interesting ...with target ranges, a full service bow shop, and on-site camping/fishing. Drop me a note if your interested and I'll get the name of the place for you. That area is beautiful....even by Florida standards.
Old July 22, 2002, 09:22 PM   #3
publius42

I live about 45 minutes down the interstate, but can't really help with your two questions. I generally shoot in my yard. If you want to drive 45 minutes, I know a good place to shoot.
Old July 22, 2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Sam Norton

Hi
I live in Sarasota. Go to Take Aim. It's an indoor range, Nice people. They have a Monday night shoot around 7:30. Good place to start. Their Ph. is 351-4867.

Hope to see you there.
Sam